Latina Brooks, PhD, CNP
Office of Admissions
DNP Nurse Anesthesia students should visit the 'Welcome to the DNP Program' page
The faculty and staff of the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing welcome you to the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program, Case Western Reserve University and Cleveland. We’ve compiled a number of resources to ease you into student life at Case Western Reserve.
Before you arrive on campus for your first intensive class, email your adviser to introduce yourself. Tell your adviser about yourself and your research interests, and see if you can make an appointment for when you are at Case Western Reserve.
Other things for your to-do list include:
- Pick up your CWRU ID card
- You’ll need this to access certain labs and rooms within the school and to enter the building on weekends.
- Activate your network ID
- You will need an active ID to access the registrar, Canvas, libraries, computer systems and your student email account.
- Download VPN to your home computer
- This virtual network allows you to access the CWRU network from off campus.
Questions? We’d love to talk with you. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
About the Campus
- Visiting Campus
- University Circle: Our Neighborhood
- Little Italy: Nearby neighborhood
- Destination Cleveland: Visitors’ Bureau
- Off-Campus Housing
- Top 10 things to do
- About Frances Payne Bolton
- CWRU Access Services
- ID cards
- FPB IT
- WEPA info
- Graduate Student Nursing Association
- SIGMA Honor Society of Nursing
Students are responsible for their own expenses associated with transportation, lodging, and meals for the courses taught on campus as five, eight-hour day intensive classes. Refer to the DNP Supplement to the Student Handbook for information about hotels and restaurants in the area of the Health Education Campus. Some local hotels have offered Nursing Intensive rates; please ask your chosen hotel to see if these rates are available.
Classroom & Coursework Tips
- Start your required DNP portfolio when you begin the program. Keep your electronic portfolio on Google Drive.
- Download DNP Portfolio instructions and template; Portfolio is required for DNP students who enrolled starting Spring, 2020 Semester.
- Visit the Cleveland Health Sciences Library (Databases, E-journals and PubMed)
- Access e-Journals
- Learn to use the seventh edition of the APA style manual