The faculty and staff of the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing welcome you to the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program, Case Western Reserve University and Cleveland. We’ve compiled a number of resources to ease you into student life at Case Western Reserve.
Before you arrive on campus for your first intensive class, email your adviser to introduce yourself. Tell your adviser about yourself and your research interests, and see if you can make an appointment for when you are at Case Western Reserve.
Other things for your to-do list include:
- Pick up your CWRU ID card
- You’ll need this to access certain labs and rooms within the school and to enter the building on weekends.
- Activate your network ID
- Download VPN to your home computer
- This virtual network allows you to access the CWRU network from off campus.
Questions? We’d love to talk with you. Please contact one of our recruitment and retention specialists for more information.
About the Campus
- Visiting Campus
- Graduate Admissions
- University Circle: Our Neighborhood
- Little Italy: Nearby neighborhood
- Destination Cleveland: Visitors’ Bureau
- Off-Campus Housing
- About Frances Payne Bolton
- CWRU Access Services
- ID cards
- FPB IT
- Computer labs
- WEPA info
- On-Campus food
- Off-campus food
- Cleveland & Museums
- Top 10 things to do
- Neighborhoods around Case Western Reserve
- Graduate Student Nursing Association
Classroom & Coursework Tips
- Start your required DNP portfolio when you begin the program. Keep your electronic portfolio on Google Drive.
- Download DNP Portfolio instructions and template
- Visit the Cleveland Health Sciences Library
- Databases: Access important databases for research and scholarship purposes, such as CINHAL, Pubmed, ERIC, Psych Info, Soc, Cochrane and dissertation abstracts.
- Access e-Journals
- Learn to use the sixth edition of the APA style manual at apastyle.org/learn/index.aspx
- Access the Message Board for Graduate Students (registration required to post messages)