Data Use Agreements

The Office of Research Administration (ORA) in the Office of Research and Technology Management is responsible for the review and negotiation of data use agreements (DUAs). We assist with the preparation and execution of these documents. Every DUA must be signed by an authorized signatory for the university; this can only be done by the ORA.

In order to initiate a Data Use Agreement or Data Access Agreement, a Data Use/Access Request Form needs to be submitted.

  • The form has questions designed to help DUA staff determine the type of DUA needed and regulatory requirements.
  • As you are completing the form, please provide as much detail as possible.  
  • The form has branching logic and contains questions regarding funding, type of data to be accessed or transferred, data storage, data security, and human subjects information.  
  • To assist with the completion of the form all of the questions, branching logic and additional guidance are provided in the DUA request form and guidance document.

If you have questions about data use/access agreements please email with your questions and a DUA staff member will get back to you.

Explore Research Data