The Office of Sponsored Projects Accounting (OSPA) assists faculty, staff and students with a host of pre-award processes in support of garnering external funds for research and scholarship pursuits, including:
- identifying funding opportunities
- understanding requests for proposals and sponsor requirements
- assisting with the components of a proposal including the budget, agency forms and subcontracting plans
- submitting the application to the sponsor
- negotiating contracts and subawards
- establishing or modifying the account once an award has been made or revised
- representing the university in communicating to the sponsor items that require prior approval
- training faculty, staff and students in sponsored projects policies and procedures including proposal development and submission
CWRU Info is a page of commonly requested information. This "cheat sheet" contains a wealth of factoids that you need to know for completing all types of applications and other documents.
Ohio Innovation Exchange
CWRU and several other universities in Ohio have collaborated with the Ohio Department of Higher Education to design a new web portal, called the Ohio Innovation Exchange (OIEx).
- This portal (https://www.
ohioinnovationexchange.org/) was designed to showcase Ohio’s research resources and to make it easier for potential industry partners and researchers at other institutions to find collaborators at Ohio universities.
- The OIEx aggregates existing information about faculty experts, state-of-the-art equipment and instrumentation, intellectual property, and research support services. While the primary driver is connectivity to industry, this portal also can serve as a great resource for our faculty who are looking for potential collaborators elsewhere in the state (when writing grant proposals, for example).
Sign up for ORA's Funding Newsletter
If you have news or information that you wish to have included in this update, please send it via e-mail to Karen Dunn at email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm on the Monday of the week that the update is to be distributed. To subscribe or unsubscribe to CWRU's Research Funding Newsletter, please visit our Subscribe: Newsletter + Funding Opps page.