Celebrate and engage in Case Western Reserve University’s culture of innovation and entrepreneurship during our second annual Innovation Week, Tuesday, Sept. 26, through Friday, Sept. 29.
All interested faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to attend Innovation Week.
Events will include four daily lunch sessions—meals and networking time included—plus daily workshops and awards to honor our top faculty innovators and researchers.
Finally, all students and postdocs are encouraged to enter the Pitch-Your-Poster Contest on Friday, Sept. 29, for a chance to win one of up to 10 $1,000 awards!
Opening Keynote (Lunch Provided)
Bulović, the Fariborz Maseeh Professor of Emerging Technology and the founding director of MIT.nano, is the author of more than 250 research articles (cited over 60,000 times and recognized as the top 1% of the most highly cited in the Web of Science). He is a fellow of the National Academy of Inventors and holds over 120 U.S. patents in areas of light-emitting diodes, lasers, photovoltaics, photodetectors, chemical sensors, programmable memories, and micro-electric machines. The startup companies he co-founded employ over 350 people, and the products they've developed have been used by millions of people.
Featured Sessions (Lunch Provided)
- Sept. 27, noon–2 p.m.: Presentation of Innovators of the Year Awards and Panel Discussion on “Innovation as Problem Solving at Scale”
- Sept. 28, noon–2 p.m.: Presentation of Milestone Awards and Panel Discussion “Innovation and Corporate Engagement”
- Sept. 29, noon–3 p.m.: Poster Pitch Contest
Tuesday, Sept. 26
- 10–11 a.m.: Preparing for the Innovation Week Poster Pitch Contest
- 10 a.m.–noon: Interactive Commons Tours
- 2–4 p.m.: xLab Future of Baseball Fanship Innovation Challenge with the Cleveland Guardians
- 4–6 p.m.: Speed Mentoring: Inventor, Innovator and Entrepreneur Structured Networking, presented in partnership with Jumpstart’s Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program and CWRU Alumni, Community Investors and Members of the National Academy of Inventors
Wednesday, Sept. 27
- 8:30–10:30 a.m.: CWRU Entrepreneurship Speaker Series, "Leveraging Data Science to Build a Successful Startup"
- 10:45–11:45 a.m.: The Problem with AI and Problem-Solving
- 1:30–3:30 p.m.: Interactive Commons Tours
- 2–3:50 p.m.: Sears think[box]: More than a Makerspace
- 4–5 p.m.: "The 5 Key Differences Between Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital" with Sunil Nagaraj from Ubiquity Ventures
- 6 p.m.: Innovation Trivia Night at the Jolly Scholar (light appetizers and drinks, including Jolly Scholar beer for those 21+, provided)
Thursday, Sept. 28
- 8:30-9:30 a.m.: Implementing Innovation and Scale at Google
- 2:30-4 p.m.: Case-Coulter Translational Partnership Showcase
- 4–6 p.m.: "Using Data to Power Lead Safety for Cleveland's Children"
Friday, Sept. 29
- 9:30–11:30 a.m.: xLab Future of Baseball Fanship Innovation Challenge with the Cleveland Guardians - Pitch Competition