Join Case Western Reserve University Sept. 12-16 for a celebration of the innovation and entrepreneurship that takes place across our campus daily.
Our faculty, staff and students have already proven their commitment to—and prowess in—innovation. So each day, experts will talk with you about different aspects of innovation at Case Western Reserve—and beyond—and provide insights on how you can be part of embracing this culture in all you do.
We'll share stories of success, and struggles along the way. We'll discuss the importance of innovation in academics, research and everyday life. And we'll give the ins and outs of everything from invention disclosure and patenting to collaborating with industry and applying for funding.
"This inaugural year offers an opportunity for all of us to come together and learn more about the amazing research taking place here—as well as ways that we can help bring those breakthroughs out of the university to benefit others."
Senior Vice President for Research and Technology Management
Schedule of Events
Events will include five daily sessions beginning at 12:30 p.m. with free lunch provided, as well as a celebration from 4 to 6 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 15, to honor our top faculty innovators. The events are free and open to all faculty, staff and students, but registration for individual events through CampusGroups is strongly encouraged and appreciated.
Monday, Sept. 12
- Kickoff Lunch and Panel Discussion — What Venture Capitalists Look For When Making Investment Decisions
Tuesday, Sept. 13
- Lunch and Faculty & Industry Panel Discussion — What Industry Looks For When Deciding To Fund Research
Wednesday, Sept. 14
- Lunch and National Academy of Inventors Faculty Members Panel Discussion – Engaging with an Emerging Campus Chapter of Inventors that Supports Faculty, Student and Postdoctoral Trainees
Thursday, Sept. 15
- Lunch and Introduction on Project Team Resources to Support Faculty in Going from A To Z in the Innovation Ecosystem
- Innovation Celebration and Awards for CWRU Faculty Innovators
Friday, Sept. 16