Transfer Applicants

The Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences at Case Western Reserve University recognizes that credits gained in previous educational endeavors may be comparable to courses offered in our social work program.

Female presenting student holding an Ohio state shaped cookie with Cle <3

To be eligible for transfer, courses must have been completed with a grade of a “B” or better within the past seven years.

At the time of your application, you will be able to provide a transfer credit request form and syllabi for the courses you would like to be considered for transfer credit.

The Mandel School does not grant social work graduate course credit for life experiences or previous work experience. Transfer credit is awarded at the discretion of the assistant dean of student services.

The Mandel School values prior life and work experiences -that will  benefit you during your time as a graduate student. However, we do not grant social work graduate course credit for life/previous work experiences. 

Social work graduate courses

  • Maximum of 12 academic credit hours (including field education)
  • Must be completed at a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited institution

Non-social work courses

  • Maximum of six credits
  • Credit hours must not have been applied toward a previous conferred graduate degree

Nonprofit management courses

  • Maximum of 12 credits
  • Courses must have been completed at an accredited graduate school of nonprofit management

Start Your Application Today