Dear Mandel School Community:
COVID-19 cases have been rising at an alarming rate in Ohio. Cuyahoga County is now among three counties on a watch list for Level 4 (purple), the highest level on the state’s advisory system. As I look at the national map, I see that many of our online students and faculty are also in areas with surging cases of the virus. There is a renewed sense of urgency to be ever vigilant about our personal responsibility in keeping one another, our campus, our families, and our communities safe.
The university has been incredible in providing us with the guidance and resources we need to educate ourselves and limit the impact of the pandemic.
As we move toward the winter season though, we need to be even more diligent in carrying out the recommended safety precautions:
- For those of you in Cleveland, please complete your daily health assessment (if you are coming to campus)
- Wear face masks inside (unless when alone) and outside at all times
- Practice social distancing
- Practice enhanced hand hygiene
- Adhere to cleaning protocols and use cleaning supplies provided in all areas
- Follow testing/tracing/isolation protocols
- No visitors to campus unless authorized
- Acknowledge that the our university community is all in this together
We encourage you to maintain your activities, be they professional, training, educational or social, as best you can. For those students in MSSA field placements or MNO practicums, you should have received a COVID-19 field monitoring survey to determine how COVID-19 precautions are being observed in your organizations. Please be sure to complete this.
You each play an incredibly important role in keeping our Mandel community, the CWRU campus, and our broader community safe. We are all in this together.
In good health,
Grover C. Gilmore, PhD
Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel
Dean in Applied Social Sciences