Groups such as project teams, departments or classmates can communicate and collaborate using Google Groups. If you want to invite a Group to an event or share documents with a Group, you can send a single email to everyone in the Group.
To see/edit your Group memberships and view all of the messages that have been sent to your Groups, open the Groups Google App and select the Group you'd like to view/edit.
- Consider BCCing your audience(s) when sending mass emails. BCCing your Google Group(s) prevents people from Replying All to the Group(s) and helps streamline our internal communications.
- If you receive an email with the contacts not BCC'd, be courteous and refrain from Replying All. If you'd like to congratulate or thank a colleague, it is better to Reply to just the sender of the email or the person being congratulated/thanked.
- If an email has been sent to the entire CWRU campus community, there is no need to forward it to the Mandel School again.
- When possible, please submit your news to one of our biweekly newsletters instead of sending a separate email to the Google Groups. Check the Event Calendar for the newsletter schedule. If the timing of your item is such that it cannot wait for inclusion in the next newsletter, email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate your message.
- If you must email the below Google Groups, it is recommended that you send your message to the smallest Group possible, and building up the bulleted lists from there if your message needs to hit a larger audience (e.g. if you're just trying to contact research staff, send to email@example.com instead of firstname.lastname@example.org).
For questions or issues with access, please contact email@example.com.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Full-Time Faculty (includes Research Faculty) + Staff (includes Research Staff) + Mandel Council Leadership
- email@example.com: Full-Time Faculty (includes Research Faculty)
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Research Faculty
- email@example.com: Adjunct Faculty
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Secondary Faculty
Note: To reach all faculty members, you will need to email Full-Time Faculty + Adjunct Faculty + Secondary Faculty.
- email@example.com: Staff (includes Research Staff) + Full-Time Faculty (includes Research Faculty) + Mandel Council Leadership
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Staff (includes Research Staff)
- email@example.com: Research Staff
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Doctoral Students + Faculty
- email@example.com: Master's Students
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Mandel Building Offices
- email@example.com: Mandel Center Offices
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Newsletters + Events Page/Calendar Submissions
- email@example.com: Book a Room
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Website Updates + Media Wall Updates + Google Groups Requests
- email@example.com: Mandel School wēpa Printer Issues
To submit your news, information and requests, or, if you’re not sure which newsletter is the appropriate venue, have questions regarding typical content, or you'd like to be added to the distribution list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Mandel Memo | News for Faculty & Staff
(sent bi-weekly on Tuesdays)
|Mandel Roundup | News for Students
(sent bi-weekly on Wednesdays)
For the current newsletter schedule, please see the Mandel School Event Calendar.
Typical Newsletter Content
Mandel Memo: Information for all faculty and staff regarding teaching and learning matters, training opportunities, announcements and reminders that may impact the workplace, and upcoming events and deadlines.
Mandel Roundup: Information for students including actionable announcements and reminders about registration, commencement and professional organization membership. Featured events must be on campus and/or eligible for PD credit. An option for remote participation is strongly encouraged since distribution includes students in all formats. Job postings are not included; those are posted via Handshake which serves as a central resource for both students and recent graduates.