My research includes cell death regulation, mechanism of epigenetic aging, the biological significance of DNA methylation age determining the timing of death, and the development of cell death inhibiting small compounds.
Primary appointment - Ophthalmology
Other appointments - Pharmacology, Pathology, General Medical Science, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Development of novel small compounds rescuing cells from mitochondria-dependent cell death
- The mechanism of epigenetic aging
- The development of the methods controlling aging and age-associated diseases.
- The mechanism of the inherited retinal dystrophies.
- Age-dependent corneal endothelial dystrophy.
Awards and Honors
- Associate Editor (Aging section), Experimental Biology of Medicine
- Section Editor (Cancer Research), Science Progress
- Editorial Board member (Cell Biology section), Cells