Spring 2022 Campus COVID-19 Protocols

Effective March 21, 2022:

COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Required

All members of the campus community must comply with university policies regarding full COVID-19 vaccination—including booster doses when eligible.

COVID-19 Symptoms

Members of the campus community should continue to watch for COVID-19 symptoms. Those experiencing them should remain in their residence halls or homes.

Students should contact University Health & Counseling Services at 216.368.2450 or send a secure message through myhealthconnect.case.edu). Faculty and staff with symptoms should contact their primary care providers for medical advice; they also should contact University Health and Counseling Services for guidance about returning to campus (and to arrange testing if needed).

Masks Optional, with Exceptions

All visitors and members of the university community may now choose whether to wear masks on campus, unless:

  • they are students in a classroom, laboratory or other space where instruction is taking place (those providing instruction may remove masks;
  • they are in clinical settings, including the campus dental clinic and University Health and Counseling Services; or
  • they are using university transportation, including Safe Ride and shuttle service.

Please note that some individuals may continue to wear masks full-time for a range of possible reasons. We ask that you respect their decisions.

Surveillance Testing Optional, with Exceptions

Free COVID-19 tests remain available in vending machines across campus, but starting Monday, regular surveillance tests will no longer be required for most members of the campus community. Those who have medical or religious accommodations that include testing still must comply with that requirement.

All Travel

At this time, members of the campus community need only secure approvals from those units or offices that typically review university-sponsored travel; no university restrictions exist for personal travel. That said, we do recommend that  individuals consult and adhere to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for both international and domestic travel.

International University-Sponsored Travel

All faculty, staff and students traveling abroad for university-related activities must register with the Center for International Affairs to ensure they receive specific institutional support and benefits.

Study Abroad

Students considering academic travel outside the U.S. should contact the Center for International Affairs.


Food may be served at university events; grab-and-go options are no longer required. Those attending university events are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated, including booster if eligible—or, if a member of the campus community who is not vaccinated, to have a university accommodation. 

Dining Halls

As announced Feb. 23, dining halls have returned to full service.