(4-year MSD Track) (International Applicants Only)
- Program Length: 48 months
- Tuition: $60,150 for years 1-2-3, $5000 for the final year
- Degree/Certificate: MSD and Certificate
- Application Deadline: February 1
- Start Date: July 1
- End Date: June 30
- One resident / year
General Application Guidelines
- Admission requires the DMD or equivalent degree from an accredited institution.
- Ranking in the upper third of the graduating class and passage of the National Dental Board Exam.
- Only those applications that are complete and received by the deadline are forwarded to the program director for consideration.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to see that all materials are submitted and that their file is complete.
All applicants must:
- Complete PASS application.
- Non-refundable application fee of $145.00 ONLY payable at the dental application fee website.
- Re-applicants will need to fully complete a new application and pay all fees.
Additional Requirements and Information for International Students
- Applicants who have graduated from a non-English speaking dental school and for whom English is not their first language must take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Test System). In order to be admitted, the applicant must score above one of the following minimum scores:
- TOEFL Paper-Based Test: 550
- TOEFL Computer-Based Test: 213
- TOEFL Internet-Based Test: 90
- IELTS Test: 6.5
- Applicants to our graduate program must take the National Board Dental Exams, the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), or the ADAT (Advanced Dental Admission Test). Only one score is necessary for a complete application.
- There is no financial aid given to international students enrolled in the M.S.D. programs. A letter of "proof of support" must be submitted when a student is accepted into a program. Applicants must establish that they have available financial resources sufficient to complete the program uninterrupted. All on-campus work-study employment for international students must be cleared by the individual program director and the University Office of International Students.
The most qualified applicants should possess:
- NBME CBSE score of 60 or higher.
- Standing in the upper 25% of their dental school class.
- Strong letters of recommendation.
- Externships and/or extracurricular activity in oral and maxillofacial surgery that demonstrate an interest and commitment to the field.
Criteria which may substantiate and strengthen the candidate's application include:
- Research experience and advanced degrees.
- Post-doctoral dental training (e.g. internships, general practice residency, advanced education in general dentistry).
All materials should be sent through PASS. Additional inquiries can be made at the Office of Graduate Studies:
Office of Graduate Studies
CWRU School of Dental Medicine
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106-4905 USA
Early applications are recommended. Incomplete applications will not be sent to the program director for review.