- Program Length: Five Years
Year 1: $4,860
Years 2 and 3: ~$65,476 per year
Years 4 and 5: ~$4,860 per year
- Degree/Certificate: MD and Certificate
- Application Deadline: September 1
General Application Guidelines
- Admission requires the DMD or equivalent degree from an accredited institution.
- Ranking in the upper 10% of the graduating class and NBME CBSE scores of 65 or higher are expected
- Only those application packets that are complete and received by the deadline are forwarded to the program director for consideration.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to see that all materials are submitted and that their file is complete.
- Apply early!
Though the department will review all complete applications, generally only those with the following criteria will be seriously considered. Please note that applicants with an exceptional background or relevant post-doctoral experience may also be considered for admission.
Applicants MUST possess:
- United States citizenship or permanent residency
- A degree in dental surgery (i.e. DDS or DMD) from an accredited US, Canadian, or Puerto Rican dental school
The most qualified applicants should possess:
- NBME CBSE score of 65 or higher
- Standing in the upper 10% of the dental school class
- Strong letters of recommendation
- Externships and/or extracurricular activity in oral and maxillofacial surgery that demonstrates an interest and commitment to the field
Criteria which may substantiate and strengthen the candidate's application include:
- Research experience and advanced degrees
- Post-doctoral dental training (e.g. internships, general practice residency, advanced education in general dentistry)*
*Note: applicants are expected to complete any commitment to such a program before matriculating into the OMFS residency program (dentoalveolar, trauma reconstruction, and implant placement procedures).
All applicants must:
- Complete PASS application.
- Non-refundable application fee of $145.00 ONLY payable at the dental application fee website.
- Acquire a match number (may be submitted to PASS).
- Re-applicants will need to fully complete a new application and pay all fees.
All materials should be sent through PASS. Additional inquiries can be made at the Office of Graduate Studies:
Office of Graduate Studies
CWRU School of Dental Medicine
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106-4905 USA
Early applications are recommended. Incomplete applications will not be sent to the program director for review.