In fall 2021, Case Western Reserve selected Gallup as its engagement partner and its well-researched and widely used Q12 survey as a means to capture engagement data. This is the survey that was shared with faculty and staff in April 2022.
There are 12 elements/questions that make up Gallup’s Q12 Survey. They are:
- I know what is expected of me at work.
- I have the materials and equipment I need to do my work right.
- At work, I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day.
- In the last seven days, I have received recognition or praise for doing good work.
- My supervisor, or someone at work, seems to care about me as a person.
- There is someone at work who encourages my development.
- At work, my opinions seem to count.
- The mission or purpose of my organization makes me feel my job is important.
- My associates or fellow employees are committed to doing quality work.
- I have a best friend at work.
- In the last six months, someone at work has talked to me about my progress.
- This last year, I have had opportunities at work to learn and grow.