In August 2022, President Eric W. Kaler formed an Engagement Committee after sharing the results of the university’s first-ever combined faculty and staff engagement survey. The group includes representation from across the university and its members serve as liaisons between the committee and the schools and units they represent.
President Kaler charged the committee to:
- Strategize how the university can effectively and efficiently communicate the results;
- Promote and support area managers’ use of data; and
- Establish and implement action steps.
Further, as the results are shared within schools, units and departments, the committee members worked with their schools and units to answer the question: “What makes Case Western Reserve an engaging—or not engaging—place to work, and in what ways can we help more employees become fully engaged in the university as a whole?”
Faculty and staff who wish to share feedback regarding university engagement may do so by email—simply click on the name of your school or unit committee representative listed below.
Engagement Committee Co-Chairs
- Carolyn Gregory, Vice President for Human Resources, Engagement Committee Co-Chair
- Edward Bolden, Senior Director, Office of Planning and Institutional Research, Engagement Committee Co-Chair
- Lauren Biddlecombe, Assistant Dean, Strategic Initiatives, Case School of Engineering
- Jenny Brynjarsdottir, Associate Professor, College of Arts and Sciences
- Jeffrey Capadona, Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Case School of Engineering
- Susan Case, Associate Professor, Organizational Behavior, Weatherhead School of Management
- Christine Damukaitis, Director of Finance and Administration, Weatherhead School of Management
- Dawn Ellis, Grants Administrator/Department Administrator, Begun Center for Violence Prevention Research and Education, Chair of the Staff Advisory Council
- Elizabeth Fehsenfeld, Chief of Staff to the Dean of the School of Medicine
- Robert Fischer, Associate Professor, Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences
- Margaux Francis, Manager of Human Resources, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing
- Geneva Hartfield, Director Administrative Operations, School of Law
- Jennifer Kuhel, Assistant Chief of Staff for Presidential Communications and Special Projects
- Pushpa Pandiyan, Associate Professor, School of Dental Medicine
- Carol Savrin, Associate Professor, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing
- John Smolik, Assistant Dean of Finance and Operations, School of Dental Medicine
- Robert Utrup, Director of Staff and Administration, College of Arts and Sciences
- Camille Warner, Associate Dean of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Francis Payne Bolton School of Nursing
- Craig Zullig, Associate Dean for Finance and Administration, Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences
Please note: At the request of the chair of the Faculty Senate, Faculty Senate members will appoint additional faculty to serve on the committee.