To apply for the Staff Hybrid Remote Work Program (new submissions may be submitted after September 1, 2022), the following must be done:
Adding New Staff In Positions Not Previously Approved
Supervisors who wish to propose a new or revised staff hybrid work arrangement for their department (including adding new positions) must complete the following prior to submitting an application:
- Review the Framework for Staff Hybrid Work Program.
- Attend or view the online training prior to submitting hybrid work proposals.
- Complete the Department Hybrid - Remote Work Proposal Form and save as instructed.
- Complete the Department Staff Hybrid Work Schedule Excel Sheet - include all staff, regardless of whether they are participating in the Hybrid Remote Work Program (and any open positions seeking approval) and save in like manner.
- If an exception is being requested for any employee (e.g., more than two days remote, remote work outside of Ohio), also complete the Hybrid Remote Exception Staff Proposal Form and save as instructed.
- Email all required documents (the Department Hybrid - Remote Work Proposal Form, the Department Staff Hybrid Work Schedule Excel Sheet , and the Hybrid Remote Exception Staff Proposal Form, if applicable) to email@example.com with the subject line "OPRNumber Hybrid Submission".
- If the Hybrid Committee approves the submission, staff may begin to work remotely.
- Departments/supervisors must retain the completed Staff Member Hybrid Work Checklist Certification Form for all staff working Hybrid Remote Work Schedule.
- Departments/supervisors must confirm any security requirements with [U]Tech and the Compliance Office to ensure the off-campus work site and/or networks meet evolving security requirements. Guidelines for Secure Remote Work can be found here.
- Ensure the staff member is using the correct time recording code in HCM on days working remotely, and approve time regularly.
- Submit metrics as required.
Staff Member's Responsibility
- View the online training.
- Provide your supervisor with the Staff Member Hybrid Work Checklist Certification Form.
- Ensure the off-campus work site and/or networks meet evolving security requirements. Guidelines for Secure Remote Work can be found here.
- Record time in HCM weekly, using the correct TRC code for days working remotely.
If you have additional questions after reading the Framework, reviewing the Frequently Asked Questions, and watching the training session, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Hybrid Question".
Adding New/Transferred Staff Member To A Previously Approved Position (e.g., A Replacement / Substitution)
In cases where a new (or transferred) employee has successfully completed orientation in a position previously approved for Hybrid or Fully Remote Work, the supervisor must email Hybrid@case.edu with:
- Department OPR number
- staff member’s name
- employee ID
- date of hire
- number of days remote, and
- the name of the former staff member who was approved for hybrid work (or "vacant" if position was approved when vacant).
The hybrid remote work schedule can begin upon the Hybrid Work Committee's approval.
Again, the staff member is responsible for submitting the Staff Member Hybrid Work Checklist Certification Form to their supervisor, and properly recording their time when working remotely in HCM.