Mission: To guide social work and nonprofit organization students to integrate theory and practice in dynamic community settings.
Vision: Create a more just world by developing change leaders.
Field Education Trainings
In appreciation for our community partners we offer free trainings for CEU’s. Please check back on this page for future live stream trainings and registration information. All trainings are approved for CEUs by the Ohio CSWMFT Board when attended in real-time via live stream.
January 2023 Field Instructor Training: "Working with Transgender/Gender Diverse Individuals and Communities in Field Education"
- Friday, January 20, 2023; 12:00pm - 2:00pm / via Zoom virtual meeting
- Register for the January 2023 training
May 2022 Field Instructor Training: “Promoting Anti-Oppression, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion in Field Education”
January 2022 Field Instructor Training: “The Role of Field Instruction in the Education and Development of Professional Social Workers”
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Additional Training Videos
Check Out Our Field Education YouTube Vidoes
Field Education Technology (Tevera)
The Field Education Department utilizes a web-based system to manage field education data and outcomes called Tevera.
Below you will find links to instructions outlining the basic functions of Tevera for students and field instructors.
- Students: Time Track (entering field hours)
- Students: Time Report (submitting field hours for approval)
- Students: Learning Agreement
- Students: Learning Evaluation
- Field Instructor: Review/Approve Time Reports
- Field Instructor: Review/Complete/Approve Learning Evaluation
Students and field instructors are provided with Tevera accounts through the Field Education Department. Once you have been issued a username you can access the system by going to Tevera's login page.
Please contact your field faculty advisor or the Field Education Department at 216.368.2292 or email@example.com if you need assistance with Tevera.
Field Education Manuals
- 2022-2023 Field Education Manual: On-Campus Weekly MSW
- 2022-2023 Field Education Manual: On-Campus Intensive Weekend MSW
- 2022-2023 Field Education Manual: Online MSW
Field Education Calendar
Field Education Handouts/Tools
- Active Shadowing Template - Direct Practice
- Active Observation Template - Community Practice
- 10 Competencies- Resource
- Field Placement Orientation Checklist
- Employer-Based Field Placement Application
The Mandel School values the countless contributions that field instructors and task supervisors make to our students and field education program each year. If you have questions regarding any of the resources below, please contact the Field Education department at 216.368.2292 or firstname.lastname@example.org.