August 21, 2020
Dear Mandel Faculty and Staff,
Classes begin on Monday, and the return of students across the University brings about a few additional changes. As you know, many teams across campus and within our school have been working through the details. Thank you again for your cooperation and understanding.
This message contains new information at the top. Information previously shared on August 13, 2020 is included below for your reference.
Non-Mandel School Students
The University has decided to grant all students card access to all academic buildings from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please note:
- Non-Mandel students are not considered visitors and do not need to be met by a host (although our visitor policy as outlined below in the August 13, 2020 email is still in effect).
- Our hospitality policy is still in effect. Please stay familiar with this policy and remember that a concern should be based on a combination of behavior and the location of the person.
Classrooms & Conference Rooms
- All classrooms (with the exception of the Active Learning Classrooms, Mandel Building 238, 244, 338, 344) are available as “open use rooms” to all CWRU students when not in use for teaching. These spaces will have a sign posted with a QR code that links to its daily schedule. If nothing is scheduled at their desired time, students are welcome to use the space in a socially distant manner. These rooms are first-come, first-serve and open to multiple students at once. Please note that Mandel Center 115 is considered a classroom (and open use room) during this time.
- Active Learning Classrooms (Mandel Building 238, 244, 338, 344) are locked and accessible by Case ID card to Mandel School faculty, staff and students only. Our students can use them in a socially distant manner. Non-Mandel students cannot enter these spaces.
- Classroom cleaning supplies are in place.
- All conference rooms (with the exception of Mandel Center 114) are for Mandel School faculty and staff use only. They can be reserved via the room booking system. All conference rooms must remain locked when not in use.
- Mandel Center 114 will be labeled as an “open use room” (see above).
- Note that all room capacities have been reduced due to COVID-19. These reduced capacities have been updated in the room booking system.
- No room rearrangements are permitted.
Higley Research Commons and Mandel Center 2nd Floor
- These spaces will remain locked 24/7. All faculty and staff have card access.
- The card access point to reach the 2nd floor in the Mandel Center has been moved to the first floor. The card reader at the top of the stairs has been deactivated.
Offices – Faculty and Department/Research Center
- Cleaning supplies and masks will be provided to each office area and individual faculty office. All items have been ordered.
- Additional cleaning supplies will be placed in kitchen areas.
- Large containers of hand sanitizer are in key locations (near elevators, staircases and entrances) and more are coming.
- Please do not hold doors for unknown parties. If a visitor approaches you at a door, please adhere to our visitor policy (as outlined in the August 13, 2020 email). Their host must meet them at the front door.
- Mail room and 1st floor copy room (Mandel Building). These spaces should remain unlocked and we are having the locks changed so all those with a Mandel Building key will be able to gain access (should the space be locked in error).
- Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) have been installed in both buildings. All AEDs on campus notify security automatically when the cabinet is opened and each can be located via GPS once removed from the cabinet. If possible, you should still call campus security at 368-3333 if there is a medical emergency.
- Mandel Center – 1st floor, next to elevator
- Mandel Building – 1st and 3rd floors, next to elevator
Thank you for your attention to these important operational details. I appreciate the cooperation I have received as we go through these changes together. Please let me know if there are any concerns or questions.
Craig M. Zullig, MBA, CRA
Associate Dean of Finance and Administration
Grover C. Gilmore, Ph.D.
Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel
Dean in Applied Social Sciences