To apply, please supply the following information via email to the Training Director, Dr.
Cover letter indicating your interest in our site.
Current CV or resumé
The application deadline for the 2023-2024 internship cycle is February 28, 2023. We use email to conduct all of our internship selection correspondence. Please notify us immediately if your email address changes or if you are experiencing any difficulty retrieving your email. We also use Zoom to conduct all of our interviews in March; if you are not yet accustomed to using Zoom for teleconferencing, please contact us for further instructions.
To be considered a candidate for the CWRU UH&CS psychology practicum, applicants must:
- Demonstrate consistency between candidate’s interests and the aims of the CWRU UH&CS practicum.
- Be a registered student, in good standing, in an accredited doctoral program in Clinical or Counseling Psychology.
- Have completed at least one year of introductory (foundational) practicum service that included face-to-face (telehealth or in-person) clinical contact with clients.
- Be willing and able to commit to a busy, part-time, nine-month internship.
- Be willing to engage in self-reflection in supervisory and training relationships as needed, to ensure ethical and appropriate clinical practice.
Policies Regarding Trainee Selection
A trainee selection committee, comprised of senior staff, evaluates practicum applications. Applications are reviewed based on the candidate's interest and qualifications. Applicants who receive the highest ratings are invited to participate in interviews. We conduct videoconference interviews (via Zoom) in which applicants speak with at least two members of our staff and respond to formal interview questions. Interviews are typically 45 minutes in length.
We notify applicants through e-mail that they have an interview opportunity with our site. The e-mail will provide information regarding interview scheduling; it is the applicant's responsibility to reply or to call our site and schedule the interview. After the interview time is scheduled, we will send follow-up advance messages with instructions for the interview.
During the interview, applicants should be prepared to discuss their previous training and clinical experiences, diversity and social justice perspectives, and specific interest and experience with college-aged populations, crisis intervention, short-term therapy, and tele-behavioral health. The psychology practicum is an unpaid training program.
We are eager to welcome trainees from all regions, backgrounds, and identities. Case Western Reserve University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Please click here to review the Universitiy's equal employment opportunity policy.