Under current federal law, all law students are considered independent for purposes of qualifying for federal loan programs. All new law students applying for student loans should submit the following forms:
Step 1: Initial Application Process
Submit these two forms:
- The 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) Our Federal School Code is EOOO82.
- The CWRU Financial Aid Application and read the instructions for completing the application.
Step 2: Required Application Supplements (If Requested)
- Only those students who are selected for verification through FAFSA currently must submit a photocopy of your (and your spouse's) 2017 federal (IRS) tax return, including all schedules.
- The Law School Student Financial Services Office will contact all affected students via email.
Step 3: Notification of Financial Aid Eligibility
The Office of University Financial Aid will notify you of an initial Financial Aid Award. This initial award is based on data obtained from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The types and amounts of financial assistance given on the initial Financial Aid Award are tentative until all application requirements have been met.
Step 4: Other Application Requirements
- The Law school loan remittance form must be submitted once all loan applications and master promissory notes have been completed.
- Instructions and the loan remittance form will be sent to students in the July loan information packet.
Where Do I Send Completed Forms?
- CWRU Financial Aid Application Form
- Photocopy of Federal Tax Return and documents (if required) to:
Law School Student Financial Services Office
Case Western Reserve University
11075 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106-7148