- Cox Center News
- International Law Center Curriculum
- Faculty & Adjuncts
- Student Opportunities
- International Law Alumni Network
- Institute for Global Security Law and Policy
- Henry T. King, Jr. War Crimes Research Office
- Canada-United States Law Institute
- Talking Foreign Policy
- Yemen Accountability Project
- Magazine (Case Global Newsletter)
The Frederick K. Cox International Law Center was established in 1991 through a multimillion-dollar endowment from the George Gund Foundation. The Cox Center serves as the hub of the law school's international law program, which includes The Canada-U.S. Law Institute, Institute for Global Security, Law and Policy, Henry T. King, Jr. War Crimes Research Office, Yemen Accountability Project and Talking Foreign Policy.
Recent News From the Center
- October 26, 2020
On October 24, 2020, Co-Dean Michael Scharf was voted president-elect of the American Branch of the International Law Association. Established in 1873 and headquartered in London, the 4,400-member association is the preeminent international non-governmental organization involved in developing and restating international law.
- October 07, 2020
In 2018, Case Western Reserve University School of Law launched the Yemen Accountability Project (YAP), a student initiative to document and map war crimes and crimes against humanity in the Yemeni Civil War.
- September 24, 2020
Dean Michael Scharf was lead co-author of an Amicus Brief requested by the Appeals Chamber of the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Prosecutor v. Bosco Ntaganda case.
- June 24, 2020
As Chairman of the Board of the International Criminal Court (ICC) Moot Court Competition, Dean Michael Scharf annually drafts the problem and bench memo for the competition, which this year included participants from 75 schools from over 50 countries.
- May 28, 2020Stephen J. Petras, Jr., director of the Frederick K. Cox International Law Center and the U.S. National Director of the Canada - United States Law Institute, is leading an effort to develop a comprehensive compendium of the Canadian and US laws that apply to the Great Lakes.