Hello Mandel School faculty and staff,
As earlier emails from university and school leaders have indicated, UTech is working to help faculty be prepared to move to online teaching, if it is required. UTech is offering a series of workshops focused on the core technologies - Canvas, Zoom and Echo360. A full schedule of the workshops is available at the Faculty Training Opportunities for Teaching Online web page.
- Getting Started with Online Technologies: Learn which technologies are available and when to use them, as well as information for communicating with students effectively using online tools.
- Getting Started with Canvas: Learn how to access Canvas, create a course, and understand the course life cycle in Canvas. Get more information about using assignments, modules, and files in an organized way, and how you can use Canvas to communicate with students.
- Getting Started with Zoom: Learn how to successfully create, start, and record a Zoom session, including information on how to share your screen and provide participants the meeting information.
- Making Videos with Echo360 Universal Capture: Learn how to login and download Universal Capture, record instructional content, and share what you have recorded.
- Online Teaching Preparedness Drop-in Hours: Stop by to talk to a Teaching + Learning Technologies team member! No appointment needed; just stop by and get hands-on help with online tools.
Additionally, Karoline Kramer is available to Mandel faculty and staff for 1:1 Zoom training by request. Please contact Karoline directly if you would like to schedule time with her.
The entire UTech team is working hard to provide support to the entire campus community. Please continue to check the following pages for updates:
- Faculty Training Opportunities for Online Teaching
- Technology Resources for University Closures and Working Remotely
As Craig Zullig has noted in earlier communications, now is the time to test computing resources you may need in the future. For support, please contact the UTech Service Desk at 216-368-HELP or email@example.com.