- MD, University of Pennsylvania, 1986
- MA, University of Pennsylvania, 1982
- BA, University of Pennsylvania, 1982
Underserved Populations and Community Research
- Colorectal cancer screening and surveillance
- Quality of care in digestive diseases
- Cancer epidemiology and health services research
Gregory Cooper, MD research interests include colorectal cancer. Specifically, Dr. Cooper is interested in treatment and outcomes of colorectal polyps in routine clinical practice. Dr. Cooper’s research efforts also include evaluating the use of screening mammography, colonoscopy and PSA testing in Medicare beneficiaries before and after the Affordable Care Act legislation to determine variation in procedure use according to patient and regional characteristics.