Typically, the first-year and second-year residence halls and university-operated Greek houses are closed during winter break. For Winter Break 2019, the Office of University Housing is piloting a winter break housing option for first-year, second-year and Greek students returning for Spring 2020 who need housing for the entire winter break period (Thursday, December 19, 2019 - Thursday, January 9, 2020).
Location - Mistletoe Residential Community
- Any Mistletoe resident will be able to stay in their current housing assignment
- Other students will be assigned to open temporary housing rooms in Mistletoe (single rooms)
Cost for winter break housing is $525 and will be billed directly to your Spring 2020 SIS account.
Students will need to check-in at the North Area Office in Wade Commons on either Wednesday, December 18 or Thursday, December 19. All students must check-in and move to their winter break assignment by Thursday, December 19 at 3 pm.
Students in the temporary housing rooms will need to move back to their spring housing assignment on Sunday, January 5 by 9 pm. Please contact the RA on-call for winter break housing to check-out and return your room key card. This will allow us to clean those rooms for spring residents.
How To Sign Up
The winter break housing sign-up form is available on MyHousing under the "Actions" section. Space is limited, and assignments will be completed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Deadline to sign-up, based upon available space: Friday, December 6, 2019
Room assignment confirmation will be emailed the week of December 9.
Winter Break Meal Plan
During winter break, the dining halls are closed and most on-campus retail options are on a reduced schedule. We are offering students the option to purchase a Winter Break Meal Plan through University Hospitals to eat in their Atrium Cafe and Einstein Bagel cart in the UH Atrium.
- A specific dollar amount will be deposited on a meal plan card, which will be used as a declining balance at these two locations.
- Choose from $100, $150, $200 or $250
- Charges will go directly onto your Spring SIS account.
- Students are expected to use their entire dollar amount as no refunds will be given for unused dollars at the end of winter break.
- Meal plan dates: Thursday, December 19, 2019 - Sunday, January 12, 2020.
The UH Atrium Cafe is open 7 days/week from 6:30 am to 8 pm (M-F) and 6:30am - 7pm (Saturday, Sunday and Holidays). Additional information can be found here: https://www.uhhospitals.org/locations/uh-cleveland-medical-center/patients-and-visitors/visitor-services/dining
Sign-up when you complete your winter break housing form. Your meal plan card will be available for you to pick up at the North Area Office in Wade Commons when you check-in for your winter break assignment.
Students can continue to use CaseCash at locations on and off-campus. Additional CaseCash can be added at any time. Review how to add CaseCash onto your account: http://case.edu/dining/how-pay/casecash