Typically, the first-year and second-year residence halls and university-operated Greek houses are closed during winter break. For Winter Break 2021, the Office of University Housing is offering a winter break housing option for first-year, second-year and Greek students returning for Spring 2022 who need housing for the entire winter break period (Thursday, December 16, 2021 - Thursday, January 6, 2022).
This housing option applies to any first or second year student living in upper-class housing (STJ Hall, The Village at 115 and The Triangle).
Location - North Residential Village
- Any north campus resident will be able to stay in their current housing assignment
- South campus residents and Greek students will be assigned to open available rooms on north campus.
- A winter break maintenance project in the Mistletoe Residence Halls may impact the ability to remain in your Mistletoe Residence hall room. If this is the case, we will assign you to temporary location based upon available space.
Cost for winter break housing is $525 and will be billed directly to your Spring 2022 SIS account.
North Campus Residents
- Students staying in the same room will not need to check in. Your access to your residence hall and room will continue.
- Students relocating to a temporary room will need to check-in at the North Area Office in Wade Commons on either Wednesday, December 15 or Thursday, December 16. All temporarily relocated students must check-in and move to their winter break assignment by Thursday, December 16 at 3 pm.
South Campus Residents
- Students will need to check-in at the North Area Office in Wade Commons on either Wednesday, December 15 or Thursday, December 16. All south campus residents and Greek students must check-in and move to their winter break assignment by Thursday, December 16 at 3 pm.
Students in the temporary north campus rooms will need to move back to their original housing assignment on Sunday, January 2 by 9 pm. Please contact the RA on-call to check-out and return your room key card. This will allow us to clean those rooms for spring residents.
How To Sign Up
The winter break housing sign-up form is available on MyHousing under the "Actions" section, starting on Monday, November 8.
Deadline to sign-up, based upon available space: Friday, December 3, 2021
Room assignment confirmation will be emailed the week of December 6th .
Winter Break Meal Plan
During winter break, the dining halls are closed and most on-campus retail options are on a reduced schedule. We are offering students the option to purchase a Winter Break Meal Plan through Plum Market.
- 5 meals/week + $100 CaseCash = $400
- 7 meals/week + $100 CaseCash = $450.00
- Charges will go directly onto your Spring SIS account.
- Meal plan dates: Thursday, December 16, 2021 - Saturday, January 8, 2022.
Sign-up when you complete your winter break housing sign up form on MyHousing.
Students can continue to use CaseCash at locations on and off-campus. Additional CaseCash can be added at any time. Review how to add CaseCash onto your account: http://case.edu/dining/how-pay/casecash