Campus-wide sustainability and recycling is handled by the Office of Energy & Sustainability.
The Offices of Housing and Facilities Services also take steps to implement sustainability practices in our day-to-day operations:
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, or LEED, principles applied to the construction of the Village at E 115th and the STJ
- Transitioning all buildings to LED lights
- Reduced-flow sink and shower heads
- Reusing, repairing, and relocating furniture across residential facilities
- 50% minimum recycled mattresses
- Custodial products that follow the Healthy High Performance Cleaning (HHPC) Guidelines laid out by the Association of Physical Plant Administrators (APPA)