The 1609 Hazel Apartment Building is a residential facility built by the Cleveland Institute of Music and managed by the same group that oversees the Triangle Towers and Property Management Apartments. Case Western Reserve University undergraduates will occupy the 4th and 5th floors of the complex and Cleveland Institute of Music residents will live on the 2nd and 3rd floors. 1609 Hazel Apartments includes 2 bedroom single occupancy apartments, 2 bedroom double occupancy apartments, 4 bedroom apartments, and studio apartments, accommodating approximately 114 upperclassmen.
Due to the joint nature of this complex, Case Western Reserve residents will experience some differences compared to CWRU residential facilities. The music rooms of the Hazel Apartments as well as the surrounding parking lot are for the exclusive use of CIM residents. CWRU residents should expect to use Lot 46, near the Village at 115. The Hazel Apartments also uses a card access system that is different from Case. CWRU residents will be issued a key fob to enter the building, elevator, their apartment and their personal bedroom.
Other services will remain the same for CWRU students. CWRU residents' packages and mail will be delivered to the NRV Area Office in Wade Commons. Maintenance and Custodial issues will be handled by the Office of Facilities Services and residents will be able to use MyHousing to submit maintenance and custodial requests.
Room & Furniture Details
- Central heating and cooling
- Wireless internet provided (not provided by [U]Tech)
- Be sure to update your CWRU VPN to access [U]Tech services
- In-apartment washer and dryer
- Apartment kitchens include: refrigerator, stove, microwave, and dishwasher
- Fitness room on 4th floor (closed due to the ongoing pandemic)
- Community lounge on 5th floor
- Shared community lounge on ground floor
- Fully furnished living and bed rooms
- 4-person, double bedroom apartments use twin, extra long mattresses. All other apartments use full-size mattresses.