Megan Long, MSSA, LSW (CWRU Advocate), and a survivor advocate from The Cleveland Rape Crisis Center (CRCC), are available to provide confidential short-term counseling, support, resources & advocacy to all undergraduate and graduate students of any gender who have experienced sexual, dating, or power-based personal violence. All services and sessions with Megan and CRCC are free & confidential.
What is the Advocate's Role?
- Help students understand, evaluate, and choose among services/resources available both on and off campus.
- Clarify the University process for sexual misconduct incidents.
- Refer students to appropriate resource(s) once they have identified a recovery plan and goals.
Where Can You Find an Advocate?
Advocate Drop-in Hours
More dates/times coming soon!
Advocate Drop In hours are for any CWRU, CIA, CIM and KSU Podiatry undergraduate or graduate student who may have questions about sexual misconduct reporting options or the Office of Equity (Title IX) process. Advocate Drop In hours are confidential, although non-clinical in nature.
Students may use these hours to process related questions, consultation, "how to help a friend" questions, or referrals for clinical services such as individual or group therapy, or community referrals.
Zoom link sent after registration.
What Is Sexual Misconduct?
Under our policy, sexual misconduct includes:
- Sexual harassment
- Sexual assault
- Non-consensual contact or activity
- Non-consensual intercourse
- Forced contact or activity
- Forced intercourse
- Intimate partner violence (dating & domestic violence)
How Is Misconduct Reported to Title IX?
- University Staff, Faculty and Police are Mandated Reporters, and must report misconduct witnessed or reported to them.
- Confidential resources include: Advocates, Counseling Services, Health Services, Inter-Religious Center, Cleveland Rape Crisis Center.
- Students are NOT mandated reporters, but have anonymous reporting options, including speaking with an Advocate.
Cleveland Rape Crisis Center
Download information on CRCC Telehealth Services
Students may also choose to speak with a survivor advocate from the Cleveland Rape Crisis Center who can provide support, resources, and advocacy. These services are also free and confidential for any CWRU student.
To schedule an appointment with the CRCC, call 216.619.6194 ext.141 or visit clevelandrapecrisis.org. For the 24/7 hotline, text or call 216.619.6192. This support, information, and resource is anonymous and confidential.