Megan Long, MSSA, LSW (CWRU Advocate), and a survivor advocate from The Cleveland Rape Crisis Center (CRCC), are available to provide confidential short-term counseling, support, resources & advocacy to all undergraduate and graduate students of any gender who have experienced sexual, dating, or power-based personal violence. All services and sessions with Megan and CRCC are free & confidential.
What is the Advocate's Role?
- Help students understand, evaluate, and choose among services/resources available both on and off campus.
- Clarify the University process for sexual misconduct incidents.
- Refer students to appropriate resource(s) once they have identified a recovery plan and goals.
Where Can You Find an Advocate?
Advocates have office hours 5 days a week in University Counseling Center, Center for Women, and/or the LGBT Center, and are available on a walk-in basis or by appointment.
What Is Sexual Misconduct?
Under our policy, sexual misconduct includes:
- Sexual harassment
- Sexual assault
- Non-consensual contact or activity
- Non-consensual intercourse
- Forced contact or activity
- Forced intercourse
- Intimate partner violence (dating & domestic violence)
How Is Misconduct Reported to Title IX?
- University Staff, Faculty and Police are Mandated Reporters, and must report misconduct witnessed or reported to them.
- Confidential resources include: Advocates, Counseling Services, Health Services, Inter-Religious Center, Cleveland Rape Crisis Center.
- Students are NOT mandated reporters, but have anonymous reporting options, including speaking with an Advocate.
Walk-In Hours and Appointment Information
Students are free to speak with an advocate during available walk in hours but appointments are available outside of these hours as well. Please call UCS at 216.368.5872 to schedule an appointment with Megan.
Students may also choose to speak with a survivor advocate from the Cleveland Rape Crisis Center who can provide support, resources, and advocacy. These services are also free and confidential for any CWRU student.
To schedule an appointment with the CRCC, call 216.619.6194 ext.141 or visit clevelandrapecrisis.org. For the 24/7 hotline, text or call 216.619.6192. This support, information, and resource is anonymous and confidential.
Current Walk-In Hours
|Monday||FSM Center for Women||2:00 pm- 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||LGBT Center||1:00 pm- 4:00 pm|
|Wednesday||FSM Center for Women||1:00 pm- 4:00 pm|
* Walk-in hours do not occur on all University observed holidays.