Have questions about Case Western Reserve University's new prescription drug plans, including how to fill a new short- or long-term medication? This page outlines the information you need to start or continue your prescriptions.
Note: The following applies to only enrollees in the Medical Mutual Supermed PPO & Supermed HDHP.
Acute or New Maintenance Prescriptions
If you have a new long-term (maintenance) prescription or were recently prescribed a short-term (acute) medication:
- Fill the prescription at retail pharmacies
- Prescriptions must be sent directly by physician or paper prescription
- New maintenance prescriptions can be filled by mail if the initial prescription is written for 90 days
- New maintenance medications may be filled for 30 days or 90 days at participating retail pharmacies
- Maintenance medications filled for 90 days at a retail pharmacy will be charged 3 thirty-day co-payments
- The retail pharmacy may apply co-pay coupons or other applicable financial assistance programs
Ask the pharmacist for the “cash price” of the medication—it may be cheaper without insurance.
90-Day Maintenance Prescriptions Through Mail Order
Long-term maintenance prescriptions can be filled through MedImpact (MI). You can continue to fill maintenance prescriptions at any network pharmacy, however you will not receive the mail order discount. Call MI at 888.741.5019 for information on transferring existing prescriptions or submitting a new prescription.
To make sure you get your medicine(s) before your current supply runs out, place your order two weeks before you need your refill. Your medicine will be delivered right to your door within 10 days. Standard shipping is free. Need it sooner? Select expedited shipping for an added fee. Please note that prescriptions will still require 3-5 days processing time before they are shipped.
MedImpact partners with BirdiTM to provide access to specialty drugs for chronic and complex conditions. Specialty prescriptions cannot be filled for 90 days; they are only filled on a thirty-day basis.
Whether you have a new or existing prescription, MedImpact will assist you in getting started.
Existing specialty prescriptions have been transferred to Birdi. Call 1-833-546-0799 (TTY dial 711) to confirm your prescription was properly transferred.
|Name||Phone||Website||App||Phone Service Hours||Service|
|MedImpact||888.741.5019||www.medimpact.com||Yes||24/7/365||Retail pharmacy benefits information including covered drugs and pharmacy locations; Mail Order Medications including maintenance medications; All Specialty Medications|