Have questions about Case Western Reserve University's new prescription drug plans, including how to fill a new short- or long-term medication? This page outlines the information you need to start or continue your prescriptions.
Note: The following applies to only enrollees in the Anthem PPO, Medical Mutual PPO, & Anthem HDHP.
Acute or New Maintenance Prescriptions
If you have a new long-term (maintenance) prescription or were recently prescribed a short-term (acute) medication:
- Fill the prescription at retail pharmacies
- Prescriptions must be sent directly by physician or paper prescription
- New maintenance prescriptions can be filled by mail if the initial prescription is written for 90 days
- New maintenance medications may be filled for 30 days or 90 days at participating retail pharmacies
- Maintenance medications filled for 90 days at a retail pharmacy will be charged 3 thirty-day co-payments
- The retail pharmacy may apply co-pay coupons or other applicable financial assistance programs
Ask the pharmacist for the “cash price” of the medication—it may be cheaper without insurance.
90-Day Maintenance Prescriptions Through Mail Order
Effective July 1, 2019, MedImpact will be the university’s sole provider for mail-order prescriptions. Learn more about the transition from Direct Scripts.
MedImpactDirect Specialty (MIDS) provides access to specialty drugs for chronic and complex conditions.
Whether you have a new or existing prescription, MID HUB will assist you in getting started.
Existing specialty prescriptions have been transferred to MIDS. Call MID HUB at 877.391.1103 to confirm your prescription was properly transferred.
- Contact MID HUB at 877.391.1103
- MID HUB will confirm your benefits and drug therapy
- MID HUB will transfer you to the appropriate MIDS pharmacy
- MIDS pharmacy will take over from there and begin the on-boarding process
- May apply applicable financial assistance programs, such as co-pay coupons
|Name||Phone||Website||App||Phone Service Hours||Service|
|MedImpact||888.741.5019||www.medimpact.com||Yes||24/7, 365 days a year||Retail pharmacy benefits information including covered drugs and pharmacy locations|
|MedImpact Direct Mail||855.873.8739||www.medimpactdirect.com||Yes||Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET; Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET||Mail Order Medications; Maintenance Medications|
|MedImpactDirect Specialty||877.391.1103||www.medimpactdirect.com||No||Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET; Saturday, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET||All Specialty Medications|