Case Western Reserve University provides paid parental leave to FMLA-eligible employees - both women and men - as they strive to balance their career, childbirth, and family life. The paid parental leave must be completed within twelve (12) months of the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement of a child.
The Staff HR Paid Parental Leave Policy is located here.
The Faculty Paid Parental Leave Policy is within the Faculty Handbook located here.
- Work with your supervisor to complete a Leave of Absence Form. Once complete, the form should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org so that eligibility can be determined. Please do this as early as possible, but no later than two weeks before the start of the leave.
- Have your physician submit a Certification of Health Care Provider via secure fax to 216.368.8948 before the start of the leave.
- Inform the Employee Relations Leave of Absence Specialist at email@example.com when your leave begins.
- Upon return, supervisor should complete the Return to Work section of the original Leave of Absence form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to do this step of the process will result in the employee not being paid for their time worked.
- Birth mothers will also need a Return to Work Certification from their physicians before returning to work.
Contact the Employee Relations Leave of Absence Specialist at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.