- Leave of Absence Form
- Personal Medical Certificate of Health Care Provider
- Family Medical Certificate of Health Care Provider
- Service Member Family Medical Certificate of Health Care Provider
- Certification of Qualifying Exigency for Military Family Leave
- Download Certification by a Health Care Provider for Returning to Work
The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA) allows Case Western Reserve University employees to take up to 12 work weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave for certain personal and family reasons, including:
- Personal Medical
- Family Medical
- Family Military Service Member
To be eligible for FMLA leave, an employee must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Employed by CWRU at least 12 months prior to the commencement of the leave
- Worked at least 1,250 hours during the 12-month period prior to the leave
The general FMLA provisions are posted in the Human Resources Department, Room 304 Crawford Hall and the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, Room 310 Adelbert Hall.
For more information on FMLA leave and to see if your reason for requesting leave is covered, view the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Absences and Leave Policy.