The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center represents the cancer research interests of our community. On the academic side, we represent Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals, and MetroHealth Medical Center. On the community side, we have a strong interest in supporting better health care and improved lifestyles to reduce cancer risk, incidence, and death.
Our collective efforts to reduce the high rates of cancer and cancer deaths among our underserved and minority communities have yet to be successful. To that end, we launched a partnership with community stakeholders to engage in a dialogue that allows us to better understand these complex issues and to formulate better-coordinated efforts with our available resources to address cancer in our community.
The Case CCC Community Advisory Board, established June 26, 2012, was created to help the Center establish the principles and initiatives that will improve cancer care for our community. Through extraordinary effort on everyone's part our goal is to prioritize and coordinate initiatives to have a lasting impact on the community.
For more information about the Community Advisory Board and how you can get involved, please email Erika Trapl, PhD, Associate Director for Community Outreach and Engagement for the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, at email@example.com.
Forward Movement Project: Community Listening Tour
In early 2018, greater Cleveland residents, in nine neighborhoods, engaged in "town-hall" discussions about cancer risks, community trust in healthcare, and research. The goal was to learn about patient experiences.
- Greg Archer [Community Ambassador, Cleveland Metropolitan School District]
- Chris Ash [Community Ambassador, Cancer Survivor]
- Sydney Beeman [The Gathering Place]
- Kim Bell [Cleveland Clinic]
- Geri Blair [Minority Women with Breast Cancer Uniting, Cancer Survivor]
- Sujata Burgess [Asian Services in Action]
- Karen Butler [Northeast Ohio Neighborhood (NEON) Health Services]
- Chesley Cheatham [University Hospitals]
- Gina Chicotel [Susan G. Komen - National]
- Cheryl Davis [Community Ambassador, Cancer Survivor]
- Neal Dawson [Center for Health Care Research & Policy, Case Western Reserve University/MetroHealth]
- Gulnar Feerasta [LGBT Center of Greater Cleveland]
- Camille Garcia [MetroHealth Medical Center]
- Faye Gary [School of Nursing, Case Western Reserve University]
- Lena Grafton [NEOMED-CSU Partnership for Urban Health]
- Margo Hudson [Seeds of Literacy]
- Elizabeth Jones [National Coalition of 100 Black Women Greater Cleveland Chapter]
- Angela Kaloush [American Cancer Society]
- Nancy Kurfess Johnson [Community Ambassador, Cancer Survivor]
- Deborah Lewis [National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship]
- Jordi Luke [Care Alliance Health Centers]
- Frances Mills [Cleveland Department of Public Health]
- Juan Molina Crespo [Community Ambassador]
- Tom Nobbe [Greater Cleveland Congregations]
- Yvonne Oliver [Stewart's Caring Place, Cancer Survivor]
- Petrina Patterson [University Hospitals]
- Rosiland Robinson [Community Ambassador, Cancer Survivor]
- Kimberly Sanders [Cleveland Clinic]
- Michele Seyranian [The Gathering Place]
- Valerie Vinson [University Hospitals]
- Bonnie West [Community Ambassador]
- Sherrie White [My Sister's Keeper, Cancer Survivor]
- Waverly Willis [The Urban Barbers Association, Cancer Survivor]