The Office of Community Outreach and Engagement at the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center invites multidisciplinary researchers, community agencies and organizations to submit abstracts for presentation during the 6th Annual Cancer Disparities Symposium. Abstracts will be divided into two tracks: Scientific Research and Community Programs and Services. Meritorious abstracts will be selected for oral presentations.
Call for Scientific Abstracts
This call for abstracts is an opportunity to highlight cancer disparities in biomedical research and provide a forum to showcase the breadth and depth of scientific work happening in the field.
Call for Community Programs and Services Abstracts
This call for abstracts is an opportunity to highlight community and/or wellness programs on topics related to cancer disparities and provide a forum to showcase the breadth and depth of work happening in our community.
Abstracts must be submitted electronically by 5 pm EST on Friday, January 7, 2022.
Students who submit an abstract are able to register for FREE! Submit your abstract online BEFORE registering, then email Mary Wright (email@example.com) for a registration discount code in order to receive free registration.
Contact Mary Wright (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding abstract submission.
Abstract Submission Instructions
- All individuals who submit abstracts must also register for the event.
- Each abstract must fit on one 8 1/2 x 11-inch paper with 1-inch margins on all sides.
- Use Times New Roman 12-point font.
- Place the abstract title, authors and author affiliations at the top.
- Bold and underline the name of the presenting author.
- If an abstract is selected for the Awardee presentation the author labeled in bold and underline must give the oral presentation.
- The abstract body is limited to 500 words maximum.
- Figures, references and acknowledgments may be included in the abstract.
- The organizing committee reserves the right to modify the abstract for uniformity.
Abstract Review Process
Submissions will be reviewed by the program committee and/or selected experts. Submissions will be evaluated based on the overall quality, methods used, and relevance to addressing cancer disparities.