In recognition of National Financial Aid Awareness month, I’ve asked two of my friends in financial aid to come on the show to discuss financial aid-related topics primarily discussing how you pay for medical school. We also discuss topics such as need-based aid, loans, scholarships, and the importance of financial literacy and budgeting. We also spend a bit of time breaking down what the term “Cost of Attendance” means and why it is an important component of this process.
Christine McDonough, Director of Student Financial Services at the Ohio State University College of Medicine: Christine.McDonough@osumc.edu
Michael Sabara, Director of Financial Services at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paying for Medical School
- Medical Student Education: Debt, Costs, and Loan Repayment Fact Card 2019
- AAMC’s FIRST
- FIRST Financial Aid Facts Sheets
- AAMC Education Debt Manager - Matriculating / Current Students
- How to set up a budget
- Budget Sheet
- What is Financial Wellness?
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans
- Direct Plus Loans for Graduate/Professional Students