Types of Aid

Types of Financial Assistance for MD and PA Students

There are a couple types of financial assistance available to Case Western Reserve University medical students.

CWRU Scholarship Assistance

Accepted incoming medical students and current medical students can apply for need-based aid through the processes outlined on their specific webpages.
Accepted incoming medical students may be eligible for the Dean’s Scholarship (merit-based scholarship) if invited to apply for the Dean’s Scholarship by the Admissions Committee, and then selected to receive the scholarship. 
There are no university scholarships for Physician Assistant students.


Loans must be repaid. They may be government-sponsored low-interest loans or regular bank loans at a reduced interest rate. On some loans, interest may not start to accrue until after graduation. On others, interest accrues immediately. Loans may be based on demonstrated financial need. 

Learn more about loans