CWRU Careers in Medicine Program
The Careers in Medicine program is a 4-year structured career planning program. As part of our advising program, it is meant to help you untangle the career planning process and find a career that fits. The program includes:
- Multiple online tools & assessments to help you through the process
- Class meetings
- 1-to-1 meetings with Society Deans
- Student panels
- Specialty mentors
- Career planning and residency preparation meetings-4th year
Career Advising & Planning Resources
If you like to plan ahead, check out these comprehensive timelines for all things throughout medical school, to Match Day and beyond.
- CWRU Match Timeline - Class of 2023
- CWRU Match Timeline - Class of 2024
- CWRU Match Timeline - Class of 2025
Navigating Through Medical School to Residency
Finding your way through medical school, making decisions, and landing a residency can be a big challenge. To help provide some clarity, the Office of Student Affairs works with a dedicated group of senior students every year to curate, update, and publish a website for students, by students. Check out the CaseMed Guide Roadmap to Residency linked below. (single sign-on required)
Creating and Maintaining a CV
The Curriculum Vitae is an essential document that needs to be maintained throughout a physician's career. Medical students will need to have a CV ready starting in their first year; this will be used for requesting letters of recommendation, applying for scholarships, applying for residency, and more.
Check out the video below where Geiger Society Dean Dr. Marjorie Greenfield walks you through the CWRU CV template step-by-step.
Applying to residency can be a daunting task. Check out the resources below to get started, find helpful information, and get your questions answered.
- MSPE Noteworthy Characteristics Examples
- MSPE Research Examples
- Letters of Recommendation Author Tip Sheet
- AAMC Careers in Medicine
- AMA FREIDA Online
- NRMP Residency Data & Match Information
- AAMC Residency Explorer Tool
- AAMC Apply Smart
Reach out to our office with any career planning questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.