This program provides a research investment to qualified Mandel School faculty (tenured, tenure-track and non-tenure) who charge more than 30% of their academic year salary to externally-funded projects.
The investment amount is ½ of the charged salary beyond the first 30%, up to a maximum of $5,000 per year. Please note the following eligibility and program requirements:
- Projects for which the School is providing cost-share are not eligible.
- The investment amount is equal to one-half (1/2) of the dollars charged beyond the first 30% of academic year salary. The maximum investment per academic year, per faculty member, is $5,000.
- The faculty member can charge his/her salary to multiple externally-funded projects to reach the 31% minimum coverage. The associated fringe amount is not part of this calculation.
- This program does not impact the ability to receive Summer salary.
- Any received Summer salary does not count towards academic year coverage.
- The investment amount applies each academic year salary is recovered beyond 30%; however, each year stands on its own (cannot combine effort levels between multiple academic years).
- The investment amount is allocated to the faculty member.
- The investment amount will be available at the end of the fiscal year during which the salary was charged. F&A will not be applied to this amount and it will accrue from year to year. It will be placed in an internal account.
Approval Date: August 29, 2016