CWRU provides washing machines and dryers in each residence hall. The cost of laundry is included in your room rate, so it is easy to do laundry day or night. Residents can take advantage of the 20 lb. capacity washers with front loading instead of the less efficient top-loading system. These machines save 14 or more gallons of water per load, reducing the quantity of detergent required to wash clothes. The dryers feature large capacity drums for hefty loads of laundry and lint filters for easy cleaning.
If you have fabrics with special care needs, please view our partnership with Jay Dee Cleaners for your dry cleaning needs.
All washing machines are high efficiency so please be sure to use "HE" detergents. Washing machines should only be filled 2/3 to 3/4 full so please space out you laundry accordingly to avoid un-balancing and damaging the machines.
- Load the washer with clothes and detergent.
- Select the cycle type on the machine(s).
- The washer will start and display the time remaining.
Be sure to check and clean the lint trap before and after using the dryers to avoid damaging the machines and clothing.
- Load the dryer with clothes and dryer sheets as desired.
- Select the proper fabric type on the machine(s).
- The dryer will start and display the time remaining.
If a community member encounters a damaged machine, please submit a work order through MyHousing and include the code on the "license plate" (e.g.123-ABC).