The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center represents the cancer research interests of our community. On the academic side we represent Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Clinic, MetroHealth Medical Center and University Hospitals. On the community side, we have a strong interest in supporting better health care and improved lifestyles to reduce cancer risk, incidence, and death.
Our collective efforts to reduce the high rates of cancer and cancer deaths among our underserved and minority communities have yet to be successful. To that end, we launched a partnership with community stakeholders to engage in a dialogue that allows us to better understand these complex issues and to formulate better coordinated efforts with our available resources to address cancer in our community.
The Case CCC Community Advisory Board, established June 26, 2012, was created to help the Center establish the principles and initiatives that will improve cancer care for our community. Through extraordinary effort on everyone's part our goal is to prioritize and coordinate initiatives to have a lasting impact on the community.
For more information about the Community Advisory Board and how you can get involved, please call 216.368.5643.
Forward Movement Project: Community Listening Tour
In early 2018, greater Cleveland residents, in nine neighborhoods, engaged in "town-hall" discussions about cancer risks, community trust in healthcare, and research. The goal was to learn about patient experiences.
- Jame Abraham [Cleveland Clinic]
- Samir Abraksia [Cleveland Clinic]
- Terry Allan [Cuyahoga County Board of Health]
- Kristina Austin [The Gathering Place]
- Kim Bell [Cleveland Clinic]
- Geri Blair [Survivor]
- Chesley Cheatham [University Hospitals]
- Neal Dawson [Center for Health Care Research & Policy, CWRU/MetroHealth]
- Susan Flocke [Case Western Reserve University]
- Faye Gary [CWRU School of Nursing]
- Stan Gerson [Case Comprehensive Cancer Center]
- Lena Grafton [NEOMED-CSU Partnership for Urban Health]
- Debra Green [Medical Mutual]
- Gillian Irwin [Case Comprehensive Cancer Center]
- Megan Kilbane [Case Comprehensive Cancer Center]
- Smitha Krishnamurthi [Cleveland Clinic]
- Nancy Kurfess Johnson [Survivor]
- Li Li [Case Western Reserve University]
- Vanessa Marshall [Case Western Reserve University]
- Frances Mills [City of Cleveland, Office of Minority Health]
- Cynthia Owusu [University Hospitals]
- Luz Oyola [MetroHealth Medical Center]
- Paola Raska [Cleveland Clinic]
- Rosiland Robinson [Survivor]
- Kimberly Sanders [Cleveland Clinic]
- Michael To [Asian Services in Action, Inc.]
- Kristin Waite [Case Comprehensive Cancer Center]
- Monica Webb Hooper [Case Comprehensive Cancer Center]
- Sarah Wells [American Cancer Society]
- Bonnie West [Case Comprehensive Cancer Center]