Do you have what it takes to be a leader?
We think so...
The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (Case CCC) invites nominations and self-nominations for its new Emerging Leaders Program (ELP).
About the Program
- You will earn a Case Comprehensive Cancer Center Certificate of Leadership Program developed in collaboration with the CWRU Weatherhead School of Management Executive MBA Program.
- Your customized curriculum is grounded in four key competencies—leadership, communication, strategy, and operations. Outcomes range from leading with emotional intelligence to effectively communicating collaborative impactful, solutions.
- You will start in January 2024 and complete the four courses in 18 months.
- You will commit approximately 6 hours per course for a total of 24 hours. Classes are delivered in-person and virtually.
- Your tuition is covered by the Case CCC.
How do I Benefit?
- It’s CV-building! You will serve on the Emerging Leaders Council (ELC) to immediately apply your leadership skills and leverage access to additional leadership opportunities as you progress through the program.
- You get a seat at the table! You’ll be asked to contribute strategic insights to Case CCC leadership during meetings and forums. You’ll be seen! You will engage with internal and external leaders in the field of cancer research.
- You’ll be recognized! Building a reputation in the cancer research community opens doors for further career and leadership opportunities.
- You’ll be immersed! Developing a profound understanding of Case CCC’s mission, vision, and strategic approach is critical for future leadership roles.
Who can Nominate?
- Executive Committee members (EC)
- Case CCC Program Leaders (PL)
- SOM Department Chairs
- Case CCC members (full and associate) who are CWRU-affiliated Assistant or Associate Professors at CWRU at the time they enter the ELP.
- Has a strong commitment to cancer research, and is curious, creative, and keen to learn about effective leadership in their respective domains.
2-Step Nomination Process
- Nominators and Self-Nominators: Submit a notification of nomination to the nominee and firstname.lastname@example.org by December 20, 2023.
- Nominees: Case CCC will provide a link to upload the required supporting documentation, due by January 15, 2024. Supporting documentation includes:
- Letter of Support from the nominator highlighting the nominee’s qualifications, contributions, and reasons for their nomination. (Not required if self-nominated; self-nominees should include this information in their LOI.)
- Letter from your Department Chair committing 10% protected time to the nominee for 18 months to complete the ELP.
- Letter of Intent (LOI) outlining why you want to participate in the program. Include a statement explaining your understanding of why diversity, equity, and inclusion are of value to cancer education, research, and patient care.
- NIH biosketch highlighting your academic and research achievements, leadership roles, and publications relevant to cancer research.
Participant Notification: Selected nominees will be notified by Case CCC senior leadership.
Purpose of the Program
The Case CCC ELP identifies, engages, and develops cohorts of leaders who reflect the diversity of our catchment area and nation to steward and ensure the future of the Case CCC.