Students who do not plan on returning to campus housing in the spring will need to notify us of their departure by Friday, December 15.
- Complete an Academic Status Change form in MyHousing under the Special Housing Requests menu.
- Students not returning to CWRU due to graduation, transfer, withdrawal, participating in an off-campus program (co-op, study abroad, etc), or taking a leave of absence.
Students not returning to CWRU in the spring must move out and check out of their assignment by Thursday, December 21 at 3 PM.
Housing Release Request For Spring 2024
Those who wish to live off-campus for the spring semester but still plan to attend classes at CWRU must fill out a Housing Release Request Form. This can be found in MyHousing under the Special Housing Requests menu. Complete this form no later than Friday, December 1.
Checking Out of Your Room
Dollies and carts will be available for sign-out at residential area offices. Staff will sanitize them after every use.
A complete checkout requires:
- Removing all belongings from your room.
- Cleaning and returning the room to its original condition.
- Empty all trash from the room.
- Shut and lock your window.
- Shut and lock your door.
Once you have completely moved out of your room and your room is cleaned, when you are ready to leave, you must check out of your room either by appointment or express checkout. Please note that express checkout is available to students in upperclass housing only.
- Get an Express Checkout envelope located by the Express Checkout box in or near your building. The locations are as follows:
- The Village at 115/North PMAs - in House 3A by the staff office or in the House 6 Great Room/Lounge.
- The Triangle - the Tower 2 lobby.
- The STJ - by the staff office.
- 1609 Hazel - on floors 4 & 5.
- South PMAs-Fribley Commons Area Office
- FY and SY Buildings - in your buildings by staff offices
- Completing the Checkout Envelope/card
- On the envelope, please write your name (first and last), network ID, building and room number, and date of checkout.
- Place room and mail keys inside envelope, and seal the envelope with a piece of tape (rolls provided near the Express Checkout boxes).
- Put the completed envelope with keys inside into the Express Checkout box.
- If you live in STJ, you will fill out an Express Checkout Envelope and put it into the Express Checkout box but do not need to put anything inside the envelope.
- Enter your forwarding mail address online in MyHousing.
If you do not complete all parts of the checkout process, you may be assessed a $100 improper checkout fee, $96.00 for each key not returned, $10 for each key card not returned, plus any damage identified in your room and/or suite/apartment.
Damage and Cleaning Charges
The Offices of University Housing, Residence Life, and Greek Life reserve the right to conduct a final check of all rooms and suite/apartments after residents have checked out to assess additional damages. If damages are assessed, you will receive an email indicating the nature and amount of the damages, as well as the appeal process for contesting charges. This email will be sent to your CWRU email account and is the only notification you will receive about damages.