“Oh baby don't you wanna go, Back to that same old place, Sweet home Chicago” - Like The Blues Brothers, we’re on a mission. Our mission is to bring you more med admissions insight. In this episode, I’m joined by my very special guest, Dr. Leila Amiri, the Assistant Dean of Admissions & Recruitment at the UIC College of Medicine. Dr. Amiri is an absolute expert in admissions. Not only do we discuss all things UIC COM, including some of their unique features in having multiple campuses and their Rural Medicine programs but also we answer listener questions about Letters of Recommendation.
Have a question for the show, school suggestion, or just want to say hi? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our All Access podcast for more information on this episode and others.
- AAMC Virtual Fair - Thursday, February 20, 2020 - Register for the AAMC Virtual Fair
- AAMC Recruitment Fair - Sheraton Grand Chicago Hotel Saturday, March 28, 2020 - Register for the AAMC Recruitment Fair
- NAAHP Recruitment Fair - Hilton New Orleans Riverside, June 27, 2020 - Registration info coming soon
- AAMC’s Letter Writer Guidelines & A Printable Version to Give to Letter Writers
- Press Release 1/17/2020: UICCOM Reduces Tuition
- Curriculum and Campus Sites
- Curricular Programs
- Research/Scholarly Opportunities
Dr. Amiri’s Recommendations
- Charlatan by Pope Brock
- A marvelous portrait of a boundlessly audacious rogue on the loose in an America that was ripe for the bamboozling.
- The Art Forger by B. A. Shapiro
- Thirteen works of art worth today over $500 million were stolen from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston. It remains the largest unsolved art heist in history, and Claire Roth, a struggling young artist, is about to discover that there’s more to this crime than meets the eye.
- The Double Helix by James D. Watson
- Francis Crick and James Watson revolutionized biochemistry & won themselves a Nobel Prize.