The Case Western Reserve University Institutional Review Board reviews social science/behavioral studies, and low-risk biomedical research not conducted in a hospital setting.
The New Revised Common Rule
The Common Rule governs all research involving human subjects conducted, supported, or otherwise subject to regulation by any federal department or agency that chooses to implement these regulations. The Common Rule is published in the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations in Title 45 Part 46.
In 2017, the Common Rule was revised with an implementation date of January 21, 2019.
- About the CWRU IRB and Its Members
- Meeting Dates and Types of Review
- Forms & Templates
- Local Policies and Federal Regulations
- CWRU Policies and Procedures
- Resources & Links
- Human Subjects Research Education
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Quality Improvement Program (IRB Auditing)
The Office of Research Administration has implemented SpartaIRB, which processes electronic protocol submissions efficiently and improves business process.
Questions or feedback for the IRB? Contact any of the following individuals:
CWRU IRB Office (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Colleen Karlo: 216.368.0838, email@example.com
- Adelaide Lang: 216.368.6925, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ginger Pomiecko: 216.368.4514, email@example.com
Kim Volarcik - CWRU IRB Director
Lawrence Greksa, PhD - IRB Chairman
Barbara Lewis, PhD - IRB Vice-Chair