The following information was prepared for university and virtual fair groups during the first annual CampusGroups group reregistration in fall 2021.
The purpose of reregistration is to ensure that CampusGroups is populated with active, well-described groups and accurate officer information. This will help create the best possible experience for all users of the platform, particularly those looking for groups and programs to connect with or events to attend.
The reregistration process is simple:
- Update the officer list (optional for virtual fair groups).
- Complete the reregistration form via the blue button in your group dashboard.
- The CWRU CampusGroups support team will review and approve the reregistration.
The reregistration form can be completed by any current officer starting on Monday, November 1. Groups that do not submit their reregistration by Monday, December 20 will be removed from the CampusGroups directory. Officers will not be able to access the group until the reregistration form is submitted.
First, check which groups you are an officer of.
- Log into CampusGroups (community.case.edu) with CWRU SSO with a desktop browser.
- On the top menu bar, click on the "Groups" icon/link.
- A dropdown will appear, showing all of the groups you are a member of. One or more groups will have a "gear" icon next to them. Those are the groups that list you as an officer.
Then, check for the reregistration message in each of those groups.
- In the “Groups” dropdown, click on the gear icon to access the group dashboard.
- A message with a blue background will appear at the top of the dashboard, prompting you to complete the reregistration process.
- If no message appears, the group does not require reregistration.
- If a blue message appears stating that the group's reregistration is pending, another officer has already started the form and completed at least the first half of it.
Use the following steps to remove any officers who are no longer part of your group or who no longer work with CampusGroups.
- Log into community.case.edu with CWRU SSO.
- Manage your group (by clicking the group tile on the homepage, or the gear icon next to the group name in the "Groups" top menu bar dropdown menu).
- Click on the "Officers" dashboard tile or left sidebar menu link.
- Uncheck the "Active Officer" box to the right of each officer you need to remove.
To add new officers, follow the steps in this help article: Appointing Group Officers
On the first page, you will be first be asked to review your group's directory information:
- Group Name
- Membership Benefits
You will be able to directly update the following fields if needed:
- Membership Benefits
Note that the “Mission” field functions as the group description and is required. If your group has a blank “Mission” field, you must enter a group description to continue the form.
On the second page, most groups will have the opportunity to:
- request adjustments to your group name and/or categories
- confirm that your officer list is up-to-date
- leave comments or feedback for the CWRU CampusGroups support team.
Groups that were onboarded as virtual fair booths will have a different second page, described below.
Yes! Your group has the same functionality of any group in CampusGroups, allowing you to make use of CampusGroups’ many engagement tools, such as:
Your group may want to make use of these features at some point in the future, but your CampusGroups directory information may not be consistent with others in the platform since it doubled as the title of your fair booth. Additionally, your group may still be listed in the "Information Fair" or "Choices Fair" category.
On the second page of the reregistration form, you will be asked if you would like to start using other aspects of CampusGroups. If you answer “yes”, you will be asked to:
- confirm your group name (will usually match the name of your office or department)
- enter a group description (to appear in the "Mission" field)
- upload a logo image
- specify if you would like additional assistance getting started with CampusGroups.
Your group will then be updated, moved to the main University category, and more easily found by interested users. You will still be able to use it for virtual fairs.
If you answer “no” and opt to only use CampusGroups for virtual fairs, no changes will be made and your group will be deactivated until the next time it is needed. If you change your mind in the future, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org anytime to update and reactivate your group.