Effective immediately, due to the university’s reduced operations and the Governor’s stay at home order, all final paychecks for terminating employees will be direct deposited. If direct deposit is not possible, the final paycheck will be mailed to the address on file. Changes to the mailing address should be noted on the Personnel Action Form when submitted to HR for processing.
As a supervisor, you are responsible to promote a positive and productive work environment for your staff, and manage employees' performance. To assist you in understanding your role as a supervisor, take the time to review the HR University-Wide Expectations and the HR Staff Policies, including the Supervisor Expectations Policy. Supervisors are also responsible for enforcing university policies on the CWRU Compliance Office website.
Please email the Human Resources Department at AskHR@case.edu with any questions, concerns, or comments.
Common Hiring Queries
Read an overview of the Employment Process Steps for steps, timelines, and descriptions of the employment process.
Need to create a brand new position or update a current job description for a vacant staff position? View the Hiring Staff resource page.
Need a VISA for an employee? View the Hiring Process for Foreign Nationals if a visa will be needed.
Need to hire a temporary employee (i.e. an employee for 12 months or less or one who will work less than 17.5 hours/week)? View the Temporary Employment page.
View information about obtaining an Affiliate ID card for temporary employees, volunteers, or independent contractors.
Common Compensation Requests
- Staff Salary Changes Procedure
- Information about Staff Equity Reviews
- Information about Additional Project Pay Requests
- Information about requesting a Discretionary Star Performance Bonus
Common Queries Supervising Staff
- Responsibilities during Orientation.
- Responsibilities concerning the Annual Review and Goal Setting.
- Addressing concerns with attendance, performance, conduct, or other issues.
- Responsibilities concerning approving time worked in HCM, keeping accurate attendance records, and adjusting time records.
- Approving sick pay, vacation, and bereavement.
- Employees working overtime and holiday hours.
- Helping employees need for leave, accommodations, and other support.
- Information on employees requesting an Alternative Work Arrangement.
- Responsibilities concerning employees separating from the university.