Below are some of our students' recent dissertations. Topics include: caregivers of children with HIV/AIDS; well-being of family caregivers of adults with mental illness and a co-occurring substance-abuse disorder; security of attachments of infants in foster care; parenting styles and school social competence; welfare recidivism; and the effect of patient socioeconomic status on physician’s treatment decisions.
- Mental Health Clinicians Perspective on the Role of Acculturation in the Provision of Services to Latinos: A Grounded Theory Exploration.
- Peer-Relationship Patterns and Their Association with Types of Child Maltreatment and Adolescent Risk Behaviors in a Sample of At-Risk Youth.
- Feasibility of Canine Support in Pediatric Dentistry.
- Social recovery capital among women in early recovery.
Francis, Meredith Wells
- Living with Warrants: Life under the Sword of Damocles.
- Neighborhood and Filial Self-Efficacies as Potential Mechanisms of Resilience Against Depressive Symptoms in Adolescence.
- The Impact of Pre-Adoption Stress on the Romanian Adoptees' Transitions to Adulthood and Adult Attachment: Perspectives of the Adoptees and the Adoptive Parents
- Psychosocial Predictors of Never Having a Mammogram Among Chinese, Vietnamese, and Korean Immigrant Women in the U.S.
- Examining Mental Health Symptoms of Juvenile Justice-Involved Adolescents Over Time: A Latent Transition Analysis.
Harris, Leon Aaron, III
- The Mediating Role of Social Support and Self-Efficacy on the Relationship Between Trauma and Post-Treatment Substance Use Among Low-Income Women.
Taylor, Leigh H
- Factors associated with mental health service utilization among young adults with mental illness.
- Preventing Neighborhood Disorder: The Role of Mutual Efficacy in Collective Efficacy Theory.
Gearhart, Michael C
- The Association of Risk, Protective Factors, and Gender to Substance Use and Sexual Activity Among Prenatally Substance Exposed Adolescents.
Edguer, Marjorie Nigar
- The Effect of Early Childhood Residential Mobility on Kindergarten Readiness: The Role of Pre-Kindergarten Programs.
- Educational Attainment for Youth Who Were Maltreated in Adolescence.
Cage, Jamie L
- Perspectives of Professionals on Treatment Foster Care Success.