Need assistance in planning your marketing/communications project?
The Mandel School's Marketing and Communications Resources page serves as a toolkit to offer guidance and sample materials for faculty and staff looking to share information and connect with wider audiences, including internal audiences (faculty, staff, students) and external audiences (prospective students, alumni, donors). This toolkit supplements content from the University Marketing and Communications website.
For assistance in planning your marketing or communications project, please fill out the project request form.
- CWRU Editorial Style Guide
- Mandel School Editorial Style Guide
- Digital Accessibility Guidelines
- Accessibility ensures that all people—regardless of ability—can interact with the information or services you provide. It is required that you follow these guidelines when posting any online content (text, images, audio, video, webpages, etc.).
- Visual Guidelines
Use the Mandel School version of the CWRU logo to anchor your department to the school and to the university. Do not alter logos in any way.
- Accreditation Logos
- Change Agent Logos
- Mandel Center Logos
- Mandel Council Logos
- Mandel Degree Logos
- Mandel School Logos
If you have news or event information you would like to share with the university community, consider submitting it to the daily, CWRU’s weekday email newsletter. Please refer to their editorial guidelines before submitting your news.
TVUC Electronic Media Wall
Spots can be reserved on the Tinkham Veale University Center electronic media wall through a submission to the daily. In the second to last question, “Where would you like this to appear?”, check “The media wall in Tinkham Veale University Center.”
Mandel School Publicity
- Title of event
- Start time
- End time
- Location (include street address if off campus)
- Description including:
- Speaker(s) or panelists with titles and organizations
- Cost to attend
- If registration is needed
- URL if event is listed on website
- Contact information
The Mandel School has several Google Groups through which you can send important news and announcements. If you need to be added, removed or need to contact a Group to which you do not belong, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To add a flyer to the Mandel School/Center's electronic media walls, email email@example.com with your .jpg image and the dates that it should appear.
The Mandel School sends out two internal newsletters on an alternating bi-weekly basis: the Mandel Memo to faculty and staff, and the Mandel Roundup to students. To submit your news for consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mandel School has a social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube. You can also find these links in the footer of our website. To submit suggested content, please email email@example.com.
To have your news posted on the Mandel School/Center websites, please submit your finalized news content via this form.
In mass communication, media are the communication outlets or tools used to store and deliver information or data. The term refers to components of the mass media communications industry, such as print media, publishing, the news media, photography, cinema, broadcasting (radio and television), digital media and advertising.
We work closely with the university’s media relations team to promote our news through print, broadcast and online media outlets. We help our media relations team identify compelling news and research stories, connect reporters with faculty experts, and help members of the media access photos and press releases.
- You have been contacted by a member of the media to serve as a source for a story
- You have a story idea you think news media would be interested in covering
- You have an achievement (research, scholarship, creative endeavor, career) you think the university should publicize
- Your students have an achievement you think the university should publicize
Pictures and videos are crucial aspects of good storytelling, and we know just how much they can enhance websites and publications.
Images and B-roll
A collection of frequently requested CWRU images and official university logos are available in a variety of formats on our digital asset-management system. Case Western Reserve University must be credited for all still images. You can find Mandel School-specific photos in this Google Drive.
Copyright-free B-roll footage is also available upon request from Getty Images. If you are in need of stock photos, please email Melanie Klass links to the images you would like downloaded. Please note that she is not always able to download all requested images due to licensing restrictions.
CWRU's on-campus video services company, MediaVision, provides traditional audio visual (AV), video and event support services for small events, such as lectures and meeting room support, to large scale events, such as commencement ceremonies.
To request AV, video and event services, download and fill out their request form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will contact you about availability and confirm the details of your request.
FedEx Office Printing Services, in the Thwing Student Center, can handle a variety of print projects to meet your needs:
- Business Cards (select Non-standard > Business Card - MSASS)
- Name Badges
Please contact Melanie Klass for the speedtype.
- Our Mailing Address is 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44106-7164.
- Our Campus Location / Visitors and Deliveries Address is 11235 Bellflower Road (School) or 11402 Bellflower Road (Center), depending on where your office is located.
- All mail is delivered to the School and sorted into the mailboxes in the room behind the receptionist. Campus Mail does not deliver mail to the Center, as there are no mailboxes there.
FedEx Office is now the only place on campus that can print posters. The standard poster size is 56” x 42”. This Mandel School poster template is correctly sized and contains the appropriate logo and placement. If your poster must meet other requirements, please incorporate the same logo and placement, and avoid large, solid blocks of dark colors - these tend to print darker than shown on-screen and can easily smudge after printing.
See the Research Posters page for more information on poster printing.
Email Signature Template
Copy and paste this template in your Email Signature settings and adjust the information there.
Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences
Case Western Reserve University
[Office location, Suite/Room #] (optional)
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44106-7164
[xxx.xxx.xxxx] cell (optional)
Note: If you would like to include links to the website or our social media pages, embed them each in a logo icon at the bottom of your signature. To do this, click to Gmail Settings (the gear image at the top right) and scroll down to the Signature section. Click Insert Image (picture icon), upload your image and Link to a page (paper clip icon).
- Begun Center
- Begun Center Letterhead/Memo (Logo)
- Begun Center Letterhead/Memo (Logo + Return Address)
- CEBP Letterhead/Memo (Logo)
- CEBP Letterhead/Memo (Logo + Return Address)
- CIP Letterhead/Memo (Logo)
- CIP Letterhead/Memo (Logo + Return Address)
- PERI Letterhead/Memo (Logo)
- PERI Letterhead/Memo (Logo + Return Address)
- Poverty Center
- National Initiative on Mixed-Income Communities
- Trauma Center
- Blue Flyer Template with Photo
- Blue Flyer Template without Photo
- Gray Flyer Template with Photo
- Gray Flyer Template without Photo
- White Flyer Template with Photo
- White Flyer Template without Photo
- Mandel School Poster Template (info below on poster printing)
- Mandel School PowerPoint Template (No Photo)
- Mandel School PowerPoint Template (Photo Option 1)
- Mandel School PowerPoint Template (Photo Option 2)
- Mandel School PowerPoint Template (Photo Option 3)
- Mandel School PowerPoint Template (No Photo) (Widescreen 16:9)
- Mandel School PowerPoint Template (Photo Option 1) (Widescreen 16:9)
- Mandel School PowerPoint Template (Photo Option 2) (Widescreen 16:9)
- Mandel School PowerPoint Template (Photo Option 3) (Widescreen 16:9)
Note: The PowerPoint templates with photos intentionally have the picture overlapping the open frame border. This is not a download issue or conversion problem with your computer.