- December 08, 2023The Association of American Law Schools Pro Bono Honor Roll acknowledges and highlights the pro bono work of individuals engaging in, expanding and/or supporting their law school community in providing pro bono legal services.
- December 06, 2023Case Western Reserve University School of Law recently hosted a group of students from Cleveland Central Catholic High School for an immersion program within the Law Clinic.
- December 04, 2023On Nov. 17, third-year law students with the First Amendment Clinic led a workshop on the freedom of the press at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio.
- December 01, 2023When Alabama native Rosa Parks refused to give up her bus seat to a white passenger in 1955, she became a household name as a leader of the Civil Rights Movement. Her decision—which Ohioans celebrate as Rosa Parks Day on Dec.
- November 29, 2023On Oct. 20, the Center for Business Law at the Case Western Reserve University School of Law and the Ohio Division of Securities co-hosted the Ohio Securities Conference in Columbus, Ohio.
- November 27, 2023Over the summer, a number of students had the opportunity to complete social justice-related fellowships and externships. Here, a few students share their experiences and lessons learned. Megan Pech Catholic Charities of Cleveland
- November 27, 2023This summer, some of our students took part in racial justice-related internships or fellowships. Read on to hear about their experiences, opportunities and guidance for future students. Samantha Ready Community Legal Aid Services
- November 20, 2023September was the hottest month in recorded history. Last summer, smoke from Canadian forest fires blanketed the United States. Maui ignited. Libya was flooded by rains of biblical dimensions. Sea levels rose as glaciers and ice sheets melted at an accelerating rate.
School of Law expands Financial Integrity Institute and renames it the Compliance, Risk Management and Financial Integrity InstituteNovember 17, 2023Case Western Reserve University School of Law has expanded its Financial Integrity Institute (est. 2015) and renamed it the Compliance, Risk Management and Financial Integrity Institute. The expanded Institute will focus on the academic study of a wide-range of compliance and risk management issues.
- November 15, 2023Every year, Case Western Reserve University School of Law honors the achievements of distinguished alumni, faculty and prominent members of the legal community by inducting new members to the Society of Benchers – the law school’s Hall of Fame.
- November 13, 2023This article originally appeared in the fall issue of In Brief, the Law School’s alumni magazine. As November 14 is the ten year anniversary of their joint appointment, we are republishing it here.
- November 10, 2023In his role as President of the American Branch of the International Law Association (ABILA), CWRU School of Law Co-Dean Michael Scharf chaired the opening plenary panel and presided over International Law Weekend on Oct. 19-21.
- November 10, 2023Adjunct professor Ted Parran III (LAW '13) is an Assistant United States Attorney in McAllen, Texas. McAllen is a rapidly growing border city in deep south Texas, and is a focal point for transnational criminal activity of many kinds, including human smuggling.
CWRU Mock Trial Team reaches the Semi-Finals of prestigious White Collar Invitational Tournament at GeorgetownNovember 09, 2023From Nov. 3-5, the Ault Mock Trial Team competed in the White Collar Crime Invitational Tournament hosted by Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, DC. This competition is invitation-only and focuses on white collar criminal cases. This was the team's first time competing at the invitational.
Co-Deans Jessica Berg and Michael Scharf selected for the 2024 Richard W. Pogue Award for Leadership and EngagementNovember 07, 2023Case Western Reserve University School of Law Co-Deans Jessica Berg and Michael Scharf have been selected as the recipients of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation’s 2024 Richard W. Pogue Award for Leadership and Engagement.