Statement of Co-Deans Berg and Scharf on justice and reform in the aftermath of the killing of George FloydJune 03, 2020
We write as co-deans of the law school. Last Monday, we watched with horror as George Floyd, unarmed and handcuffed, pled for his life.
"I can't breathe."
“Momma! I’m through.”
- June 01, 2020
On May 21, a study examining eight years of abortion access in Ohio was released by the Ohio Policy Evaluation Network, or OPEN, which includes scientists from Ohio State, the University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital and Case Western Reserve University.
- May 29, 2020
Many entering first-year law students were planning to travel or work during the summer before beginning law school. For most, such plans had to be shelved when the coronavirus struck.
- May 28, 2020Professor Sharona Hoffman, Co-Director of the Law-Medicine Center, recently published an article entitled “Specialty Drugs and the Health Care Cost Crisis,” co-authored with Professor Isaac Buck.
- May 28, 2020Stephen J. Petras, Jr., director of the Frederick K. Cox International Law Center and the U.S. National Director of the Canada - United States Law Institute, is leading an effort to develop a comprehensive compendium of the Canadian and US laws that apply to the Great Lakes.
- May 27, 2020Brian Gran, professor in both the Law School and the Department of Sociology, has been selected as a National Academy of Sciences Jefferson Science Fellow by the U.S. Department of State.
- May 20, 2020For the second time in three years, a Case Western Reserve University School of Law student (rising 2L Elizabeth Finazzo) won the AccessLex grand prize – a $40,000 scholarship to defray the cost of her second year of law school. The prize is designed to encourage law students to take part in the AccessLex financial education program known as MAX.
- May 16, 2020
The following awards were determined by a Spring vote by the graduating class of 2020.
- May 15, 2020Excellence and Achievement Awards
- May 15, 2020
Case Western Reserve University and the CWRU School of Law are adapting to a rapidly evolving situation in the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic. The health, safety and well-being of our community are our top priorities. A second goal is to meet our educational mission to the extent possible. This is new terrain for everyone.
- May 14, 2020Recognizing our distinguished 2020 graduates: Clinic, Journal and Fellowship Awards
- May 11, 2020
On May 6, CWRU School of Law held its annual “Celebration of Faculty” to recognize full time and adjunct faculty members who made extraordinary contributions over the past year. This was the first time that the event was held virtually on Zoom.
- May 07, 2020HeinOnLine has produced a ranking of the top 250 legal scholars and CWRU emeritus Law Professor Paul Giannelli came in at 137, three spots ahead of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. The ranking counts citations in both law review articles and court cases.