Instructor permission required.
Case Glee Club (CGC) holds the distinction of being the oldest continually operating student organization on campus, dating back to 1897. Long-standing traditions of fellowship and excellence in singing are present as CGC, an academic ensemble within the Department of Music, continues to develop strong musical skill, build camaraderie with fellow singers, and share music with the CWRU campus and University Circle communities. This group performs a variety of accompanied and a cappella repertoire written specifically for tenor, baritone, and bass voices.
Director: Dr. Christopher Clark, Director of Choirs
Course Documents and Schedule
- Thu., Aug. 24: Ensembles Overview (Harkness Chapel, 3:00 PM) for new students Discover Week
- Mon., Aug. 28: Rehearsals begin (Wade Rehearsal Hall, 9:00-10:30 PM)
- CGC is open to all students! No audition required.
- The ability to read music is not required for participation. The instructor will lead members in exercises to ensure everyone is singing the appropriate voice part.
- Contact the ensemble director for additional information about gender-inclusive lower voices eligible for this ensemble.
- Students may choose to participate in MUEN 380A (0.00 units) or MUEN 380B (1.00 units).
- Participation in our other vocal groups is encouraged, University Chorale and Concert Choir.
Enrollment permissions are granted in the Student Information System (SIS) following a successful audition or during the first week of class. Once course permissions have been granted (before the Drop/Add period ends) students should return to their SIS account to register in the appropriate MUEN course. The Drop/Add Period ends on the 2nd Friday of each semester.
All performances held in the Maltz Performing Arts Center as part of the Silver Hall Concert Series or in Harkness Chapel as part of the CWRU Music Concert Series are live-streamed for free concurrently with the posted concert time. All concerts occur in eastern time.