Instructor permission required.
University Chorale is a treble vocal ensemble open to all CWRU/CIM students and community members who enjoy singing. The ensemble performs a wide variety of accompanied and a cappella repertoire written specifically for treble voices. University Chorale focuses on developing basic musicianship skills, learning healthy singing habits, and sharing music with fellow singers and the community.
Director: Jessica Steuver, Graduate Instructor of Record
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Christopher Clark, Director of Choirs
Course Documents and Schedule
- Thu., Aug. 24: Ensembles Overview (Harkness Chapel, 3:00 PM) for new students Discover Week
- Mon., Aug. 28: Fall Classes Begin
- Tue., Aug. 29: Rehearsals Begin (Denison Rehearsal Hall, 7:00 - 9:00 PM)
- University Chorale is open to all students and community members. No audition required.
- The ability to read music is not required for participation. The instructor will lead members in exercises to ensure everyone is singing the appropriate voice part.
- Contact the ensemble director for additional information about gender-inclusive treble voices eligible for this ensemble.
- Students may choose to participate in MUEN 388A (0.00 units) or MUEN 388B (1.00 units).
- Participation in our other vocal groups is encouraged, Case Men's Glee Club and Concert Choir.
Enrollment permissions are granted in the Student Information System (SIS) following a successful audition or during the first week of class. Once course permissions have been granted (before the Drop/Add period ends) students should return to their SIS account to register in the appropriate MUEN course. The Drop/Add Period ends on the 2nd Friday of each semester.
All performances held in the Maltz Performing Arts Center as part of the Silver Hall Concert Series or in Harkness Chapel as part of the CWRU Music Concert Series are live-streamed for free concurrently with the posted concert time. All concerts occur in eastern time.