International Students

In adherence with federal regulations, students must possess proof of adequate funds available to you to cover all tuition, health insurance, living and anticipated incidental expenses for one year in the U.S. You will submit this documentation through the Center for International Affairs. Other resources and information about this process can be found here.

International students enrolled in the University Program are not eligible for federal student loans or need based grants and loans from the School of Medicine. International students enrolled in the College Program receive a full scholarship covering tuition and fees. In the 5th year of study or the year in which students do research, there will be a continuation fee equal to 5% of tuition; this is covered by the full tuition scholarship. A stipend will be provided for students to support living expenses in the research year. Financial aid resources to cover living expenses for international students in the College Program are very limited.

Loan programs for international students that require a U.S. citizen co-signer with good credit include:

When comparing loans, it is important to look at the loan terms (such as interest rate, capitalization, and deferment options). Some lenders also offer repayment benefits (such as an interest rate reduction for payments automatically taken out of a checking or savings account). Weigh all the benefits and then choose the lender that is right for you.

Resources for International students: 

Canadian students are especially encouraged to apply to their provincial governments for assistance.