Here is a suggested list of items that you should bring for suite-style housing (in addition to items under Packing 101):
- Bath mat
- Additional storage bins/free-standing shelving units
Staley and Tippit come with kitchens. Here are items that you may want to bring to campus:
- Pots and Pans
- Cooking utensils
- Paper Towels
- Hand/dish towels
- Small appliances (with automatic shut-off)
- Kitchen garbage can/bags
The suite style residence halls have microwaves provided in each suite. You may want to bring dishes that are microwaveable safe.
- Additional lighting for bedroom or living room (compact florescent or LED recommended)
- Additional furniture to complement what is provided by the university
- Please note that the Triangle Apartments has very few overhead lighting.
Note: upholstered furniture (couches, futons, comfy chairs, etc.) must be certified flame retardant (per CAL 133 - ATSM E 1537 standards - must bring certificate with you)
- Storage bins
- Cleaning supplies - your bathroom is cleaned 2-3 times/week. You are responsible for cleaning your bedroom and suite living room/kitchen.
- Halogen lamps (the hot bulb poses a fire hazard)
- Extension cords
- Hot plates, toaster ovens, George Foreman grills, sandwich makers, rice cookers and microwaves (for health and safety reasons, these items are not permitted in the first and second year residence halls)
- Candles and incense
- Curtains (mini-blinds are provided)
- Wall tapestries
- Dogs, cats, ferrets, or animals that require a heat lamp. Only small caged animals and fish are allowed in the residence halls (a pet registration form is required along with approval from your roommate and Residential College Coordinator). Pet registration forms are available on CampusGroups. If you require an assistance animal, please contact the Office of Disability Resources for approval.
- Illegal drugs, fireworks, firearms or weapons of any kind
- Space heater
- Air conditioner
- Alcohol (if you are under 21)