About the Institute
The events and aftermath of 9/11 have made security and counter-terrorism fundamental, if not defining, concerns for the world community, nations, companies, the legal system, and individuals.
Security and counter-terrorism present distinct new policy and legal issues. Satisfactorily addressing these issues requires a broad approach taking into account the vast legal, financial, political, social, religious, and cultural roots and ramifications inherent in this area.
The Institute for Global Security Law and Policy offers a uniquely comprehensive hub for addressing these issues through a multi-faceted, interdisciplinary approach that also blends theory with practical applications. The institute develops and integrates the best learning from the academy and the real world and draws on numerous disciplines and experiences to provide innovative and world class programs, research, teaching, and service on the issues of security and counter-terrorism.
The work of the institute serves as an invaluable resource to governments, businesses, organizations, the legal profession and the general community. The course and programs educate students on these key issues so that they can better serve clients and society in the post 9/11 world and become future leaders in the search for solutions to problems of national security and terrorism.
The institute also offers a concentration certificate in National Security Law to graduating students who have taken International Law, International Criminal Law and Procedure, and three of our other national security law-related courses.
- Archeological Relics
- Current Issues in International & Comparative Law
- Chinese Law
- Civil & Human Rights Law Clinic
- Health Care & Human Rights
- Immigration Law
- Immigration Law 2: Asylum & Immigration
- Immigration Law 2: Business Immigration
- Immigration Law Clinic
- International Criminal Law & Procedure
- International Environmental Law
- International Humanitarian Law
- International Human Rights Law
- International Law Research Lab
- National Security Law 1: Counterterrorism Law
- National Security Law 2: Foreign Affairs Law
- War and Morality